cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do i keep loosing my connection

New Poster

Why do i keep loosing my connection

I keep loosing my connection on my HT2000W modem and i just had it installed on Monday 05/08/2017 i keep getting cut off of my netflix speed test from within hughes net seams ok if i check it with other speed test its a whole new ball game.

This is what i got.

BIST Results
IDU VDCPassed
Cable ConnectivityPassed
Key CheckPassed
LANPassed
ODU VDCFailed
Software SignaturePassed

Terminal/Gateway Connectivity Test

Connectivity Test in progress... 100%

IP GatewayJ2NLV052HNSIGW0104
Packet Loss0%
Average Delay604 ms
Minimum Delay570 ms
Maximum Delay650 ms

You have good connectivity to the gateway.

DOWNLOAD SPEED: 44.14 Mbps
UPLOAD SPEED: 3.97 Mbps

19 REPLIES 19
Assistant Professor

Re: Why do i keep loosing my connection

Hi FirePolice69, no idea idea if related at all to your problem but networking, especially local WiFi, can be very fickle. Please look at this post: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/SOLVED-Gen-5-Not-Connecting-to-Certain-Websites/td-p...

Seems the new gateway 2000W modem is causing some people problems under certain conditions.

Associate Professor

If you are failing the ODU VDC test then you will have issues with connectivity for certain.

Things that can cause ODU VDC to fail...

- Bad Power Brick
- Bad or lose Coaxial cables - can be as simple as tightening a connection, or replacing the cable due to a break mid-way.
- Bad Outdoor Unit

Will be Monday at the soonest before a Rep from here looks at things, but chances are they will have to send a technician out to evaulate the equipment.  When they do, it will be free of charge.

Assistant Professor

Duh, I totally looked right past the ODU VDC failure. Smiley Embarassed

New Poster

I talked to tech support they fixed that one issue but it didnt help me any i tried the one suggestion that was posted here for me and nothing helped i have no 5g connection just 2g that keeps dropping but because everything on tech support side of things is ok they wont do anything else so i guess im stuck paying 2 years for internet that i may never get to use

Professor

Don't give up yet.... Perhaps @Liz or @Amanda can get involved and help you figure out what's going on.

New Poster

I really hope either one of them can I just talked to tech support again the act like im lying or something IMG_20170515_221211.jpg

Can you see how my 5g is not lit up at all with signal but my 2g is the modem is behind this tv here

IMG_20170515_222732.jpg

Now from the computer you can see a signal for 5g which is upstairs in bedroom and you see computer connected to 2g

IMG_20170515_222824.jpg

now you see i tried connecting computer to 5g and no connection 

IMG_20170515_223055bbgtest.jpg

Finally with computer on 2g i get knocked off every 3 to 10 minutes this is what will show up

Professor

There's only 2 of them and I'm sure they're buried in stuff.... in the meantime, I wonder if @Gwalk900, @BirdDog, @GabeU, or @C0RR0SIVE might be able to offer some insights...

ETA:  Also, since this is such a new install, can you call your installer and have him come back to look at the problem?  It might have something to do with the actual installation.

New Poster

I did try calling the installer but he wont come out unless he has an order from hughes to do so so it looks like i am gonna have to go to a friends house whenever i need to use internet till they get this figured out if they ever do

Hi Firepolice69

I apologize for taking so long to respond to you. I will be running diagnostics right now and making an order for a technician visit if needed. Meanwhile, can you confirm there was no bad weather in your area since this started?

Thank you

Amanda