cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't my unused data roll over the next month?? I am paying for it i want to use it!

Why doesn't my unused data roll over the next month?? I am paying for it i want to use it!

I pay for sixty gigs a month and i didnt use 22 gigs this month. I ether want rollover or paid back for the data I didnt use. That is almost half of my data!
7 REPLIES 7
Associate Professor

Re: Why doesn't my unused data roll over the next month?? I am paying for it i want to use it!

Because this isn't a cell phone company with rollover?  Hughes tried the Rollover thing with a few legacy plans years and years ago.  The end result was confusion for customers, and more load at times on the satellite system than what was acceptable.

Re: Why doesn't my unused data roll over the next month?? I am paying for it i want to use it!

Good morning Travis,

Thanks for posting. As Charles already mentioned, we do not have an option to rollover data, and that could very well cause service to slow down for everyone. Here's a nice article which explains this a bit more, look for the paragraph titled "Understanding Data Plan Caps": http://www.plugthingsin.com/internet/mobile/data/

I see you're on the Prime Plan, which offers 10 GB of Anytime Bytes with an additional 50 GB of Bonus Bytes. Those 50 GB of Bonus Bytes are just what they are called, bonus bytes on top of your 10 GB monthly data allowance which you are paying for. I'm glad to see the bonus bytes are of use to you. If you have additional concerns do let us know so we can address them for you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

It seems like every problem I have with hughesnet service you guys don't care about. I would not recommend gen 4 for anyone. I wish I had my h9000 back so badly.

I'm sorry to hear that Travis, we certainly do care want to address your concerns. While we can't downgrade you from Gen4, what other concerns can we look into for you?

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Travis,

It's been over a week since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread to describe them in detail so we can address them.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

I agree. Certain times of the year I do not use up all of my data. If Hughes Net cannot do rollover, essentially they are not doing right by their customers.
Professor

@bonnll4 wrote:
I agree. Certain times of the year I do not use up all of my data. If Hughes Net cannot do rollover, essentially they are not doing right by their customers.

This makes little sense. Every company that sells you a service has their own policies and if you sign up for that service, you are bound by those policies, as the company is entitled to set whatever policies they want to as long as they comply with the law. 

If you see that you frequently do not use all your data, then wait until your contract is over and then get an option with less data, or go to another provider that offers a package you find more to your liking. 

Your judgement that a company is not doing right by their customers simply because they have policies in place that you do not like is simplistic.  Besides, as was explained back in 2015 when this thread was alive, there is a very good reason why Hughes does not offer rollovers -- they tried and it was a mess.  The system made things worse for customers. So essentially, they are doing right by their customers by not offering something that complicates things for the entire community of customers.  They do not serve only one person -- they have to find the arrangement that works best for everyone and still allows the company to make a profit (because they are not a charity).  It's a balance.