Hughesnet Community

Wifi disconnects and reconnects every 60 seconds.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Exe1147
New Poster

Wifi disconnects and reconnects every 60 seconds.

We just had this installed. The desktop internet connection is fine but the devices that are on wifi (laptop and 3 phones) disconnect and immediately reconnect every 60 seconds. I'm unsure where to start...

5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Exe1147

Does the range matter?  What I mean is, does the issue stop when a device is close to the modem, or does the distance from the modem not matter?  

Range does not seem to matter, the problem persists.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Exe1147

This is probably something the reps will need to take a look at to make sure something isn't amiss with the modem.  I don't know that there is, but I can't think of a reason why four different devices are having intermittent connection issues.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, and they should reply within a day or so.  

In the meantime, you can try power cycling the modem to see if that makes any difference.  That means unplugging the modem at the wall outlet or power brick (NOT at the back of the modem), waiting a minute, then plugging it back in and waiting until all lights on the front of the modem are lit, or at least all but the bottom one if you have one of the WiFi bands disabled (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz).  This might help, though it may not.  

Also, make sure to leave your modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary.  

Liz

Good morning Exe1147,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We definitely want to sort this out for you, especially since you've just been installed. 

After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Tuesday, Dec 4, 2018 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #117090672 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Exe1147,

I see the site visit has been completed and you're back online! Drop by the community anytime if you have any other concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!