cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will someone please help

msulieman
Freshman

Will someone please help

I am currently in a differect post where I thought I was being 'helped'.....but sadly there was one reply and then the hughs net representatives that were 'helping' went MIA. So I thought since the hughs net phone numbers that were left on my voice message don't work, and the other post doesn't seem interesting to them, maybe I can receive help by posting a new post ....so would some one PLEASE help
24 REPLIES 24
gokartergo24
Tutor

Re: Will someone please help

Might help if you tell us what you want help with?
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

msulieman,

I am sorry to hear and see that you felt you needed to create a new topic to get assistance.  Looking at your post history, it seems that you have issues with data allowance and speed.  Please perform the following steps in the info graphic to help determine if it's the Hughesnet equipment or your equipment causing excessive data use.

There isn't anything that Hughesnet can do if you wish to use the service for only Netflix viewing, satellite internet is not a replacement for television viewing. 

During the time of sales you are usually asked questions in regards to usage, such as gaming, streaming and so on, and the proper disclaimers for those activities are given.  As well as giving that, if you provide an email address during sign-up, then all legal information is emailed to you, as are the service plan details.

As for the speed issues, you will receive throttled speeds once you have used your data for the month, and possibly reduced speeds during peak service hours.

Thanks,
C0RR.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Here is your original post and best to continue there: https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/i-feel-cheated

Some of us were trying to help you but has been 2 weeks since you last replied. Did you ever change your Netflix playback settings?

Here is how to do it: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87

With a 10 GB Anytime plan that means you will only be able to watch about 1 hour of Netflix on low definition per day during the month before using your entire allowance for the month. That's without doing much of anything else on the internet.
msulieman
Freshman

Hi, thank you for finally responding
I would check the usage but at the moment I don't have Internet availability to do so, so I am using my phone service
As a customer seeking the expertise of someone who is selling satellite internet, I expect that when I tell the hughs net representatives that I purely want Internet for Netflix watching, that the representative would be professional enough or perhaps honest enough to tell me which package would be the best option.
And I expect the hughs net reps to tell me honestly and clearly about the Internet allowance ..... I was seeking professional help about internet.. I am in no way an expert on Internet which is why I was straight to the point with the hughs net rep about my intentions.
Which is why I requested an Internet package that would allow me to watch Netflix anytime ... at this rate, I can watch 1 and a half movie a month.....
msulieman
Freshman

Hi, thank you for finally responding
I would check the usage but at the moment I don't have Internet availability to do so, so I am using my phone service
As a customer seeking the expertise of someone who is selling satellite internet, I expect that when I tell the hughs net representatives that I purely want Internet for Netflix watching, that the representative would be professional enough or perhaps honest enough to tell me which package would be the best option.
And I expect the hughs net reps to tell me honestly and clearly about the Internet allowance ..... I was seeking professional help about internet.. I am in no way an expert on Internet which is why I was straight to the point with the hughs net rep about my intentions.
Which is why I requested an Internet package that would allow me to watch Netflix anytime ... at this rate, I can watch 1 and a half movie a month
msulieman
Freshman

Also I did not accept the solution, I was trying to post my reply and my phone chose the wrong button
msulieman
Freshman

Also I did not accept the solution, I was trying to post my reply and chose the wrong button on my phone
msulieman
Freshman

Yes I did check my Netflix playback, and the setting are set correctly
msulieman
Freshman

Why is it so difficult to recieve help? Is there an email that I can get help immediately or a phone number I can call?