cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst misrepresentation and customer service ever experienced

Worst misrepresentation and customer service ever experienced

First of all, your internet service is absolutely despicable! I wouldn't even consider it service, but rather a complete rip off! The sales representative told my husband REPEATEDLY that the amount of data we were getting would be perfect for Netflix and online gaming and all our internet needs, including my need to use VM Ware for work - this was a complete lie and misrepresentation of any service HughesNet could ever provide! Also, when asked if phone service was needed, the reply was no, however, the representative added it anyway and took us MONTHS to get straight and not be charged anymore, though we never allowed the service tech to install it to begin with. When customer service was called, the representative, well representatives, were argumentative and immediately on the defense, then stated they "fixed" the phone issue, but we continued to be charged until another call was made with a reference number in hand! Once we realized that internet service provided was incapable of providing us with what was needed for gaming, well, just connecting to Xbox live not even for multi player gaming, we called to inquire and were transferred to their tech company, who is not affiliated with HughesNet and was going to have to charge us $50-60 to "fix" the issue, though it was no guarantee it would work. We decided not to do this and just "stick it out" since other options are not available in our area. The first month was fine, but from thereafter the upload and download speeds are atrociously slow! My phone, on 3g with one bar of service, is 10,000 times faster!! The last straw, however, was last month.. ONE DAY of playing games on a tablet and watching a little you tube drained EVERYTHING! Please tell me how this provides everything we need!! I want out of this contract immediately due to misrepresentation of the product entirely!!
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Worst misrepresentation and customer service ever experienced

jontull,

They may need additional info to find your account.  The additional info would be either a case number from a prior call to tech support or the serial number from your modem. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

Re: Worst misrepresentation and customer service ever experienced

Hello jontull,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. We were able to locate your HughesNet account using your community information and will be submitting a request for a sales call review. 

I do see that the only calls made to us were in August and the HughesNet Voice cancellation was completed and resolved in the same day and there was no followup calls regarding that. (Case # 55691484) Do you have the reference numbers for the other months of calls made so we can see why notes were not added to your account, or the dates of those calls?  

the representative, well representatives, were argumentative and immediately on the defense, then stated they "fixed" the phone issue, but we continued to be charged until another call was made with a reference number in hand! 

From what I see in the notes the only reason the agents needed you to call back was to get complimentary credit for prorated charges on a service plan upgrade to the Pro Plus. (Case #100533766)

Again as mentioned above, we'll send in for a sales call review and will let you know the results.

Thank you,
Amanda