cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

. You'll get the slowest service available. Slower than daily up. Then when you try to cancel, they're. Gonna rip you off. It's pathetic

Bill St Jean

. You'll get the slowest service available. Slower than daily up. Then when you try to cancel, they're. Gonna rip you off. It's pathetic

If you allow Hughsnet to be your ISP, you'll be sorry. You'll get the slowest service available. Slower than dial up. Then when you try to cancel, they're gonna hit you with a WHOPPING early disconnect fee.
10 REPLIES 10
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Re: . You'll get the slowest service available. Slower than daily up. Then when you try to cancel, they're. Gonna rip you off. It's pathetic

If your speed is truly slower than dial-up then you have a serious problem. Do you want help?
Amanda

Re: . You'll get the slowest service available. Slower than daily up. Then when you try to cancel, they're. Gonna rip you off. It's pathetic

Good morning Bill,

We're here to help, which is the purpose of our community. Everyone you see here is already a customer (so there's no need to try to convince anyone of anything anymore..) and we're all willing to give you the best advice we can. First thing we'll need to get started is the serial number on your modem or a recent case number, as well as a few 12MB Manual speed tests from http://testmy.net

Thank you!
Amanda
Pawnee County

I always get a kick at the slower than dial up theme it never gets old.  I wonder how many actually remember how slow dial up is.  Even with a 56.6 modem it would take about 20 to 30 minutes to download one 12MB file due to a transfer rate of somewhere around 4 or 5 kbs at best.
Pawnee County

I was very good at batch file processing wonder how many slower than dial upers know what:  errorlevel, goto, config.sys, path=c:\file autoexec.bat or shell commands are.

I still have dos 6.2.2 I put on a CD and I have an old Dell 2300 with 32meg sdram  1.2GB processor and a 2gb harddrive I have been thinking of setting up just for fun.  It has been a long time since I played, Leisure Suit Larry, DOS version of Warcraft or Jazz Jackrabbit I still have them on a CD somewhere.  Wonder where I can get a copy of Windows 3.1 or 3.1.1 for workgroups.  I tried DOS Box but didn't like it. 
Bill St Jean

No.I already dumped this service. I get fast clear service with ATT for 19.95 mo. Disputed Hughsnet early termination fee and won. Enjoy sailing on a sinking ship. Ha
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Well, the joke is on you if you signed up for satellite when you had cable available. And not a sinking ship, in fact they are launching a new satellite end of the year.
catfish1359

There is no such plan with ATT high speed for 20 bucks a month. I looked online and called ,nope not there plz send link or some proof of this plan as I would like that deal myself. I have no problems with this service from Hughes Net but if you can get ATT high speed for 20 bucks in a rural area I want it or did they just do that for you cause they wont for me. 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

So much for the $9.99 a month dial up.  Remember the free dialup from NetZero?  I tried that once, just for fun, and it was slow and FULL of ads. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Pawnee County

Hey Gabe

It was add driven what did you expect?  I used it for 2 or 3 years and, at the time, it wasn't bad, but a 200 meg processor was fast, at that time.