cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube/Amazon streaming buffering/stalling

New Poster

Re: YouTube/Amazon streaming buffering/stalling

Gen 5:  At 28% of data.  Tried Amazon, Grand Tour.  Same problem as seen above.  Severe pixelation, buffering, warning note pops up saying bandwidth is too low.  Download speeds up to 40mb., but jitter up to 300 - 1,000 and ping 600-800

My question, Is there a solution to this problem, or are we all waiting for Gen 6?

Date:  3/20/2018

Junior

@bare65wrote:

Something's not right..i've been trying to watch a 6 minute utube video for the past few days and still haven't been able to watch it in it's entirety....and this is at 144p resolution.

After 20 seconds, it starts to buffer, and then..nothing.

I get the little pop up notification as shown below in this screen shot...

Untitled.png

I've tried watching several other u-tube clips...and they all act in the same manner.

According to Testmy.net my download speed is 32 Mbps, and HN Speed Test has me at 41Mbps...

but you sure wouldn't know it after trying to stream a very short u-tube video....

I sure do hope the problem gets resolved quickly....

I have exactly the same problem, day and night. Installed Gen5 last Friday, got brand new in the box Windows 10 computer with 8 gb ram and 1 TB hard drive, nothing else installed as far as programs except Firefox browser. Speedtests test 25-31Mbps, yet cannot watch a 2 min youtube video at 240p. Cell phone hotspot is slightly better and it has a very poor signal out here.

Distinguished Professor IV

@deserthavenwrote:

I have exactly the same problem, day and night. Installed Gen5 last Friday, got brand new in the box Windows 10 computer with 8 gb ram and 1 TB hard drive, nothing else installed as far as programs except Firefox browser. 

Make sure you go through and uninstall any bloatware it came with that you aren't going to use, and turn off live tiles in your Start Menu for things that you don't need to have current all the time.  

Also, make sure to go into the update settings and turn off "Delivery Optimization".  It's under Advanced Options and towards the bottom of the page.  Not turning this off could cause you to use a LOT of data that you don't want to use, as everybody and their brother, and their long lost 2nd cousin, Hector, could be drawing parts of their Windows 10 updates from your computer.  

You should install an ad blocker, like Adblock Plus or uBlock Origin, on your Firefox browser, too.  

Though unrelated to what this thread is about, those things may very well help to save you a lot of data.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit