Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgm12355

Youtube has 144p option

Can the 150kbps run this video?
9 REPLIES 9
Amanda

Hello rgm12355,

Good question! I don't think I've ever tested this, so it is a good idea. We're working on some other tests related to exceeding the download allowance so this ties in well. Hopefully other customers can give you some information and past experiences with that.

Thanks
Amanda
Liz

Hi rgm12355,

Thanks for posting. It's not often that you see a 144p playback quality that low. Perhaps someone who has tried this can give an account of their experience. I'd try it on our test PC in the lab, but we have so many token bytes that it would take weeks for us to use it all up to hit our Fair Access Policy.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

rgm12355

You can give those tokens to me, and try it now. 🙂
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

It is pretty blurry on a big screen but fine on smaller screens like phones and tablets. YouTube has had the option for quite some time. No idea if it would work when throttled.
Liz

Hahaha if it were that easy, I would.
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

rgm12355

But you are an 'Official' rep. It should be easy for you. Otherwise, the word 'Official' needs to be rethinked.
Liz

There's no function to transfer data from one account to another, is what I'm saying. Sorry!

rgm12355

I was only kidding. 🙂
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Well, a 360P video (video and audio) requires a speed between 400Kpbs - 1000Kbps.  A 240P video requires 300 -700.  So a 144P is probably going to require more than 150Kbps to play without constant buffering.  Also, on the somewhat rare occasion that my speeds drop into the low single digit Mbps, the vids drop to 144P and they buffer like crazy.  So, unfortunately, I wouldn't count on it working.