Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bonus zone vs. bonus zone

Highlighted
New Poster

bonus zone vs. bonus zone

Howdy everybody.

We got a question: from the phone app we see 32 gb remaining AND from the same screen we are seeing 38 gb remaining and both are labeled ''bonus zone''

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: bonus zone vs. bonus zone

Could you post a screenshot?  

Highlighted
New Poster

sounds easy enough

BUT

...don't get the added ''bonus zone'' line on computer, only on cell app. Therefore we can't get screenshot. Note both the app and computer are sync with ''_ gb remaining''

On the phone we see under ...at the bottom of screen a separate / different (and higher) figure.

Not a barnburner but a mystery.

Highlighted

If you have a second phone you could take a picture of what you see.  In any case, it's probably a glitch. Have you tried shutting down and restarting the app?  Deleting and reinstalling the app?

Highlighted
New Poster

20200120_160705.jpgwell that was an adventure. whenever we try transferring from one device to another? never know what's going to come out.

Any way with shaky hands (not a professional photog)?  Got it. The relevant information is there.

This is from the ''bonus zone'' screen which is showing 32gb while at the bottom is says 38gb. See what we mean?

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Might be better if you took a screen shot of the whole screen instead of trying to... well... I have no idea how you did that, but it looked like contortionism was involved.

If it's an iPhone, you hold down the power button while clicking the home button.

On Android, you hold down the power and volume down buttons.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

Interesting. That whole thing looks totally different from the apps on my iPhone and iPad.  Are you using Android?  

How long has the problem been happening?  Have you done anything to see if it corrects itself, such as restarting the app or the phone?

Highlighted
New Poster

android? yes. And no, we ain't used to all these technical manueverings.

But finally got that screenshot:Screenshot_20200120-171011.png 

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Ok, I think I know what's going on.... They changed the app a little recently and can see how this is a little confusing.

The number marked remaining on the circle is your actual current remaining amount as of right now.

The number at the bottom (and very top) is the number on the graph from the beginning of a certain date (aka the maximum value for the day). If you touch the graph you'll see a marker move back and forth and the number at the bottom changes iaw the date in the graph. So you probably used 5.7GB during the bonus time today, give or take 100MB.

Just for clarity, if you swipe over to the Anytime data, it does something very similar, but the number at the top combines your Anytime amount and any Tokens. Those numbers are then split out at the very bottom. But again, it represents the amounts at the beginning of the day, not current. Current is on the circle.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

That app screen looks so different from the ones I see on the iPhone and iPad.