call avoidance with chat agents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfarley351
New Poster

call avoidance with chat agents

Does any Hughes net executive monitor these messages?  I am having a terrible time with my Hughesnet Gen5 service and the chat agents are not helpful, leaving me for over 15 minutes with no reply and then putting up a message that says that it has been "sometime" (2 minutes) since my last response and disconnecting me.  I have made copies of the chats and provided them to the next chat agent as an attachment but no answer yet.  I am trying to get a remote job and they required I go to https://beta.speedtest.net/run# and run the test and give them the results to see if my internet connection would meet their minimum requirements.  I never could run it because every time for over 3 hours has given me a "latency test error" message and the chat agent evidently could not help so just left me waiting with no answer.  I think the CEO, CFO, CIO, etc need to monitor this board for customer satisfaction.

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@cfarley351 

First, to answer your question, yes, they do monitor this site, and they will usually reply within a day or two.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though once in a while there is one on during the weekends and/or evenings as of late.  

Regarding Speedtest.net, they sometimes don't seem to like HughesNet much, which is one of the reasons HughesNet recommends a different site (testmy.net) for speed testing.  I know that doesn't do you any good, but it's entirely possible that HughesNet will not be able to do anything to make Speedtest work.  HughesNet's latency, just like all satellite internet's, is high, and some sites don't get along with it.

Good luck.

Liz

Hi cfarley351,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Gabe is correct about latency; since your data has to travel into space to our satellite before getting to the internet and back, there is a bit of a delay. For some sites, programs, or even online games, this delay isn't optimal.  I pulled up your account to investigate and I see that you already have a dispatch created to address your concerns. If you still have concerns post-dispatch, let us know.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

cfarley351
New Poster

Thank you, the contractor was able to take care of the issue locally.  My subject was "call avoidance" but I did not want to name names on this board.  As a former team manager for Stream and Convergys and an CSA for Teleperformance on various contracts, I know many of the tricks that CSA's pull, i.e. leaving the customer on hold and going for a coffee break, getting the CSA next to them to take the call under the guise that they are the manager, straight out lying that they will take care of the issue immediately, disconnecting the call, etc.  I used to have to monitor calls all day and live audit calls with other managers once a week.  Call Avoidance was immediate termination.  Have the standards lowered for CSAs or is no one monitoring communications?

Good morning cfarley351, 

Glad to hear it! I appreciate your bringing this up, we can certainly escalate to our call center managers. We do have call audits for our calls to ensure our service criteria are met. Actually, one of the QA guys sits within shouting distance from me; he listens to and evaluates calls all day. 

Again, thank you for reaching out and letting us know, your valued feedback helps!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!