checking satellite Alignment

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickri
New Poster

checking satellite Alignment

Recently had my service installed and the tech was awful.  Unprofessional, rude and insulting.  I would like  to have my satellite alignment checked.  How can I do that?

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

What  makes you think your dish isn't aligned properly? Does the modem's status page show any errors?

EDIT: if you want to have the dish checked you can call the customer support line at 866-347-3292 and request a tech visit, but you will need to pay for it (I think it's $125). 

Because I was getting connection errors the night after the dish was installed.  I also reached out to tech support.  Got a response this morning that the dish is properly aligned.  That's a relief.

Jessie from Satin Satellite who did the install was horrible.  He was pissed off about something when he got to my house and it went downhill from there.  He told me more than once that he just wanted to leave as soon as he could.  So I had no confidence that he would do a good job installing the dish.  Rather that he would do the bare minimum to get by and no more.  Reached out to Satin Satellite several times about Jessie and never received a return call.

As for paying for another tech to come out to fix what should have been done right in the first place that is not going to happen.

I have been a Hughesnet customer for years with no issues until I moved to my current home a week ago.  The people who installed the dish at my prior home were proffesional and polite.  They went out of their way to show me that the dish was properly aligned and that everything was working properly.

The other issue that I have is that Jessie did not use any sealant on the bolts holding the dish to the roof or where the cable went through the wall on my house.  Not a question of if the roof will leak only when the leaks will start.  No idea how that will get resolved.

maratsade

Have you complained to the outfit where the installer works? 

Sorry, You had a bad experience with Satin Satellite. I work for them. But I work farther north. I will get in contact with the owner and see if we can get this resolved or you.  Could you please private  message me your account number, and we will look into this.  Jessie works in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties. I work in Monterey and San Benito counties.

I search feed back in Hughesnet , but it's no have that item ..... and I will rate to Hughsenet 0* (zero star) 

@gokartergo24 wrote:

Sorry, You had a bad experience with Satin Satellite. I work for them. But I work farther north. I will get in contact with the owner and see if we can get this resolved or you.  Could you please private  message me your account number, and we will look into this.  Jessie works in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties. I work in Monterey and San Benito counties.

maratsade

@obalyn , this is a tech and account support site, not a review site. If you have a tech or account support need,  start a new thread in the appropriate section. If all you want to do is review the service, go to social media.