cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data, anytime and bonus

Highlighted
New Poster

data, anytime and bonus

Hi everyone, just a quick question regarding data, i get that bonus data is from 2am-8am and anytime data is the rest of the time, but lets say i get online at 1.45am until lets say 2.45am, will it automatically use data from my bonus data once i go past 2am? in other words anytime data from 1.45-2am then automatically start taking it from my bonus data from 2am onwards? , i have quite a  bit of bonus data used and the only way that could be is our Amazon Alexa playing noise to help my wife sleep, but we would put it on waaay before 2am, lets say from 10pm to 6am is it using anytime from 10am til 2am then eating my bonus data after that? 

Thank You!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Assistant Professor

Re: data, anytime and bonus

Any overlap in use between Anytime and Bonus periods is picked up by whatever period you are currently in, not the period when you started the use. Data is taken from whatever period you are currently in. However, if you run out of Bonus data, and still have Anytime data left, it will use the Anytime data during Bonus time.

As far as using Alexa for sleep noise I would invest in one of the many stand alone devices available instead, and save your limited non-FAP data for other things. In fact I have a white noise generator next to my bed that I use every night.

Distinguished Professor IV

@BirdDog wrote: 

As far as using Alexa for sleep noise I would invest in one of the many stand alone devices available instead, and save your limited non-FAP data for other things. In fact I have a white noise generator next to my bed that I use every night.

My folks have one of those.  They love it and it helps them considerably.  

Years ago, when I was having a problem sleeping, I would sometimes turn my TV on and tune it to a non broadcast channel, like the ubiquitous channel 3.  That noise would help me sleep.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

Cable news channel. Any of them. The redundancy works every time.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine wrote:

Cable news channel. Any of them. The redundancy works every time.

Tis why I rarely ever watch any of them.  The same thing over and over and over, on a ten or fifteen minute cycle.  It reminds me of The Weather Channel.    

Now not being able to tune into fuzzy channels, a cable news channel may be the next best thing.  Smiley Tongue  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit