data being wasted

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jhbrookshire
New Poster

data being wasted

My internet speed has been horrible for the last couple weeks. I called at 8pm tonight- said my gb were all used up within a week of getting them. he gave me either 2-4 gb free to use to test it. In less than 4 hours the gb were used and I hadn't been on the internet much during that time. 

Also- looks like from the usage history- on the first day of my cycle most of my gb were used on something. Makes no sense. I have had Hughes for several years and not typically an issue- although my speed is always horrible. Can't stream anything ever-just do basic browsing. 

Please let me know what I need to do. 

Thank you 
Julie Brookshire 

3 REPLIES 3
Damian

@Jhbrookshire,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time managing the monthly data allotment. Your specific data usage can vary greatly depending on what you are using the service for. Please review this link http://hninfo.us/datatips for helpful tips. Devices can also use data in their idle states so disconnecting them from the network or unplugging them would be the most effective ways to stop data usage when you are not actively using it. If you would like me to find which devices are using the most data on your network, please private message me the phone number associated with your account so I can locate you in the system. You can send this information by clicking this link https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/76644 .-Damian 

Jhbrookshire
New Poster

i have sent you a message directly. 

I have changed nothing as far as my usage- and probably have been using it even less...... so idk what the problem is but I shouldn't be going to 2g in just a couple of hours. 

@Jhbrookshire,

Thanks for providing us this information. I did receive your message, however, It appears you have a business account (SME). This community platform is designed to support residential customers only and I do not have access to troubleshoot or relay account information. You should still be able to find which devices are causing this by calling business support at 1-800-347-3272. The only other advice I can give is using third party programs such a GlassWire. You can use them to monitor your devices data usages on your network. I wish I could provide more help but that is the extent of the info I can give. -Damian