cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dialing on Voice

Freshman

dialing on Voice

Brand new customer here. Question: we got the Voice service installed with our Gen 5. When I dial a local number (same area code and location as the assigned #) I get a recording that I must dial a "1" before the number. Is this normal? Is there some way to automate this?

Thanks for any help for a "newby"

5 REPLIES 5

Re: dialing on Voice

Hi denlow,

I see you're new here, so welcome to the community! No way to automate having that 1 entered before dialing the rest of the number, but I am inquiring with our VOIP folks as to why it's needed in the first place if the local number is calling another local number. I'll post back once I have any news to share.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi denlow,

Got a quick turnaround for you. Apparently not all numbers within the 928 code are local. Please send me a private message with the number you were trying to call and needed to dial 1 so I can confirm that this was the case. Click on my username to go to my community profile and find the link to send me a private message.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Hi Liz

Thanks for the welcome and the quick response. I clicked on your user name and went to your community profile, but could not find a link to send you a PM. I see the text which says "Contact Me" however no link appears when I hover over or click on that text. What am I missing?

dale

I got your PM, thanks. Just be sure you're logged into the Support Center. If you see the Orange Sign In/Register in the very top right corner in the blue menu bar, you may not be able to see the PM link.

Thanks,
Liz

I got your PM, thanks. Just be sure you're logged into the Support Center. If you see the Orange Sign In/Register in the very top right corner in the blue menu bar, you may not be able to see the PM link.

Thanks,
Liz