cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dish alignment issues

New Poster

dish alignment issues

I need help! I had my service installed 2 weeks ago. It hasn't worked worth a crap since. They sent a technician out and he replaced the radio. Didn't make much difference. Sometimes speeds are above 30mbps and sometimes it doesn't work at all. I went out and looked. They have the dish at 203 azimuth.54 elevation. After doing some research online 3 different sites say I should be at 187.7 with 50 Elevation. Can anybody verify that I am right? My zipcode is 71701. Will a 16 degree offset make a huge difference? I feel like that is alot. Also lets assume it is off and needs to moved but moving it will point it right at a tree. What do i do then? It will need to be moved to another location to get the correct signal.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: dish alignment issues

Hi James,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can certainly help address your concerns, so I pulled up your account and ran diagnostics on your site. I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary, no alignment issues. However, I am getting an alert about a wifi coverage issue. Perhaps the wifi device is too far from the wifi modem, I can see there's one device on your 5Ghz network that only has a fair connection. 

First, we would like to determine if the speeds we're providing are appropriate for your plan and consistent, unlike what you're describing. Does the internet work fine when you're directly connected to the HughesNet modem? If so, it sounds like the wifi coverage issue is the root cause of your concern.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Re: dish alignment issues

Hi James,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->