cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

early termination fee!?!?

early termination fee!?!?

I called the other day due to no longer needing your internet services. let me start by saying i went through a local dealer that had signs put up and they came and installed it. my first ever call to hughsnet themselves was this sunday morning. I was never told about a 2 year contract at all, if i had known i would of never got the internet due to me knowing that i would be moving to an area where i will not need internet services. i now use hotspot off my phone for anything, the spokesperson i talked to was nice but didnt want me to close the account and gave me discounts until i could decide what i wanted to do... well he says i need to pay $310 to cancel my service. My issue is that this local dealer did not ever tell me about a contract and a termination fee, all he did was take my info and had me sign something on his phone.. what can we do about this? 
5 REPLIES 5

Re: early termination fee!?!?

Hello Justin,

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us. Since you ordered with a dealer direct, we do not have a sales call that we can review. My first recommendation is to speak with the dealer who sold you the service, particularly the person whom you spoke with before having the system installed and discuss what occurred. Let us know if you need more assistance.

Thank you,
Amanda

thank you for getting back so quickly, now i need to track him down... oh boy. lol

Hi Justin

Looking at the installation sheet, this should be their direct line - (716) 4898710

Thanks
Amanda

your helpful thank you!
Distinguished Professor IV

Falconer (where the dealer is).  That's not far from me.  A local!  LOL.  Smiley Happy

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit