email login from Outlook 2019 rejected

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertOder
Junior

email login from Outlook 2019 rejected

My email login is repretedly rejected.  Ive been with Hughesnet 14 years.  I know my password, etc.  whats up with the email system?

18 REPLIES 18
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@RobertOder 

There's a known email issue some are currently experiencing.  Please see the following...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/E-mail-connection-keeps-failing/m-p/121035#M80991

Same issue here. It was working, then for the last week it has constantly failed through outlook. I hope it's fixed soon, it's rather inconvenient to log in to webmail.

Thank you, Gabe!

I have been using HughesNet for fourteen years now.  This is the worst problem I have had.  The system has actually been quite reliable over the years. I just ran a speed test and I have 30MB download and 8MB up.  No trouble there.

Clearly, something has gone wrong with automated client logins.  Let's hope they get it fixed soon.

GabeU

@RobertOder 

You're very welcome.  Though I don't use HughesNet's email for anything other than Community notifications, and for that I forward them to my MSN email, I hope they get it fixed soon too, as I know what a pain it can be having to deal with something like that.  

The webmail version should be working, so at least people can still use their HughesNet email, but it's chore having to use it that way.  😞

That's really good speed considering what's going on right now.  Though my speeds often sit in the mid 40Mbps range, I just got 9.8Mbps and 18.5Mbps.  Thankfully, I don't need to do any data intensive things right now, so that speed's actually fine for my needs.  🙂

Hi Gabe:

I hope you dont mind my asking: how you are getting mid-40MB speeds?  What model of Gateway do you have?  I have an HT 1100.  I wonder if there is a newer/better one.  What region do.you live in?  I am in the rural Southern California mountains and best I can do is about 30MB.

Robert

GabeU

@RobertOder 

I'm on their Gen5 service with the HT2000W modem.  I'm in Western, NY, though my gateway is in Roseburg, OR.  When I had Gen4, which my folks right across the street from me still have, I would top out at around 30Mbps, and they still do.  They have the HT1100 modem, as well.

I signed up for Gen5 at the end of Mar 2017, which was within two weeks of the service debuting.  To my shock, 47Mbps was the first test result I got with this service, and it's pretty much been the same since, though it did become more susceptible to prime time slowdowns and such as more people were added to my beam and gateway and the satellite as a whole.  With that said, the recent COVID-19 related strain on the system has had an effect on my speeds, of course, so I haven't seen that kind of speed in at least a couple of weeks.

A couple of pieces of advice: 

1.  I'd wait until the COVID-19 related strain on the system has passed before even thinking about upgrading your service, if that's what you're contemplating.  I don't know if it will ever be quite the way it was before it started, system load wise, as I'm sure it will take at least some of the people home right now a lot longer than others to get back to work, either at their physical workplace or at a new workplace if they no longer have their original job. 

2.  If you have a social media site or the like where you can connect with others in your area, I would ask what the people with Gen5 experience.  Though my speeds can be higher than yours, that doesn't necessarily mean that those on Gen5 in your area get the same as I do.  I actually consider myself very lucky, and am probably near the top of what the system is capable of, though it's likely not the norm.  Basically, what I'm saying is that what you have may actually be what you should stick with, though you won't really know until you know what others in your area are seeing.  

Also, I'm on the Echostar 19 satellite, while you're likely on the Echostar 17 satellite with your Gen4.  Some people with Gen5 are on the latter, as both satellites now provide service for Gen5.  So, if you do ask others in your area what their Gen5 experience is like, make sure to ask which satellite they're on.  You can see the satellite on this modem page.  It's listed in the Satellite box on the lower right.

I am in rural southern California.  Most of the people around me dont use internet, except on their cell phones.  

It does not hurt to try.   I dont think this problem was caused by the virus issues.  

Robert

GabeU

@RobertOder wrote: 

I dont think this problem was caused by the virus issues.

I don't, either.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reaching out, this e-mail concern should be resolved for everyone, per Amanda's update.

I appreciate your patience while we addressed this.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Liz:

Sorry, but the problem is clearly not solved.  Please see my recent reply to Amanda.  My Connection speed and latency are fantastic, especially considering the circumstances.  But access to email is terrible.  Although my email client (Outlook 2019) can log in, we only achieve data transfer about 10 percent of the time, or less.  And the data transfer is very slow, averaging about 50Kb.  

With communication so vital during this COVID crisis, we need functioning email.  Whats up?

Robert L. Oder

Former Hughes Engineer

Hi Robert, 

Thanks for letting me know, we've already escalated your case to engineering to look into.  Once I have any updates to share I'll post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your patience. The issue engineering resolved is different from your current concern with data transfer. Can you please provide more detail as to what is happening? When you say "data transfer" is slow and only 50kb, what are you trying to do? 

Is this sending email? Receiving?

Waiting for mail in the outgoing box to send?

Syncing?

Where/what is saying that the data transfer speed is 50kb?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Your system is rejecting my Outlook login again.  Come on!  Can't you fix this?

And come on!  I have been with HughesNet 14 years now and I am NO freshman!  Iam about as senior as it gets around here...

I have had a lot of trouble with this system for a week now.  Do you guys even know how to fix it?

maratsade

Robert, you may want to reply to Liz's questions, so she will see your answers when she returns on Monday.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

RobertOder wrote:

And come on!  I have been with HughesNet 14 years now and I am NO freshman!  Iam about as senior as it gets around here...

I have had a lot of trouble with this system for a week now.  Do you guys even know how to fix it?

I cannot wait until Monday.  email is essential at this time of crisis.  where are the damned system operators?

maratsade

To have help from the reps who operate on this site, you have to wait until next week, as they work only M-F.

To get the 24/7 tech support, you need to call the customer support line, or get on the chat. Keep in mind that due to the virus crisis, they're experiencing longer than usual wait times. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@RobertOder wrote:

I cannot wait until Monday.  email is essential at this time of crisis.  where are the damned system operators?

Hi RobertOder,

We're closing this thread since we never received the requested information from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you. For live help, feel free to call us at 800-347-3272.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz