cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails constantly blocked as spam to all comcast accounts ( and others)

Highlighted
Freshman

emails constantly blocked as spam to all comcast accounts ( and others)

All of my emails that are sent to Comcast.net  accounts are returned undeliverable due to being flagged as spam. This has been going on for over a month. I've read up on this and know it's due to assigned hughes.net IP addresses being blacklisted, and that hughes.net IP addresses are constantly changing and not assigned to my specific location.

Here's the rub- that's not my problem, it's hughes.net's problem. I'm paying to be able to send email to anyone , not to be blacklisted because hughes.net  has blacklisted IP addresses. I don't have time to report back to hughes every time my IP address is blocked as spam.

I've been using hughes for years, and this problem just cropped up within the last 2-3 months. My machine is new,  and running up to date Norton Security suite , Windows 10 and MSOutlook 2016.

Cann someone tell me how to fix this issue other than to use a 3rd party email service, or to waste time reporting blocked IP addresses back to hughes.net and then "hoping for the best". 

I've got business to do and probably 50% of those local to my area have comcast addresses. Not being able to email any of them is unacceptable.

HELP!

25 REPLIES 25
New Poster

Re: emails constantly blocked as spam to all comcast accounts ( and others)

Same thing is happening to me. Going to set up Gmail on my cell phone and try to send to Comcast , but I only get 3G service at my location and its a pain in the butt to have to reply to my friemds using Comcast by phone only. Tried using my hughes.net email addy on my phone with 3G service and it was still blocked.

New Poster

Also when I try to use customer support to tell HUGHES it has a problem I get this BS when I fill out their form and submit:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   hughessupport.suth.com.hnSaveData.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2512; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2515

3G email test in above reply worked, so maybe I will **bleep**can Hughes and run Cellcom 3G for my internet as welkl as my phone. If I had 4G it would be a no brainer, Hughes would be gone tomorrow.

New Poster

Contacted Hughes, they claim no responsibility, not their problem! Each subscriber has to go to the effected email ISP that is blocking ALL email from Hughes.net servers and beg to be taken off their blacklist. What am I payiong $150 a month for no support, limited email ???? I may be switching soon to my cell phone provider 3G internet access. At least it will be consistent and reliable!!!! Every time you think Hughes is starting to work okay another problem arises. Their service is marginal and their support is nonexistant, deny, deny deny, like a two year old. can't wait to see how impossible it will be to cancel my service, probally require a lawer to stop them from auto billing my credit card for a no longer supplied service.

Does any Hughes  personnel monitor this forum or is it just a BLACK HOLE?

Distinguished Professor IV

@kpike01

First, yes, Hughesnet does monitor these boards.  With that said, this is a Customer to Customer solutions site, and the reps will jump in if it's something that can only be handled by them.  Also, they are on M-F from approximately 8am to 5pm EST.

A question.  Are your emails blocked by the recipients no matter what email service you are using while on Hughesnet, or are only your hughes.net emails being blocked by the recipients?  

Lastly, a lawyer is just going to tell you that they cannot do anything because you are subject to binding arbitration with Hughesnet.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Wow, a reply I am shocked. I called your service people earlier tonight and they said it is not a Hughes problem , but I need to contact Comcast and AOL and any others who have Hughes IPs on their spam blocking list.  I find it incredible that a Hughes email server being blocked for spamming  is considered my problem. No ownership, just redirect. The spam list websites that show hits on Hughes.net email servers say for ME to contact my ISP (Hughes net) and they (the ISP) has to request to be unlisted,  not me a subscriber) requesting.

Comcast has a post master auto unblocker you can provide info to, but when I provide my current IP it claims it is not blocked, and they don't read the comments apparently to see what the problem is all done by auto. Yet my mail keeps getting rejected bt comcast.

Here is the error, maybe you can resolve:

Arrival-Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 13:50:19 -0400
Reporting-MTA: dns; smtp.hughes.net

Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 13:50:19 -0400
Final-Recipient: rfc822; tcaradonna321@comcast.net
Remote-MTA: dns; mx1.comcast.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 resimta-po-08v.sys.comcast.net resimta-po-08v.sys.comcast.net 69.168.97.48 Comcast block for spam. Please see http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#BL000000
Action: failed

New Poster

I can use my Hughes.net account using my Cellcom phone to reply and or email Comcast friends and its not being blocked. That apparently shows its Hughes Server being blocked not my email addess specifically or it would still be rejected.

Comcast says they do not accept email from dynamic IP addresses, and if I understand Hughes only provides dynamic IP no static IP.

I do NOT have another email account to test using the hughes email server, but the above should answer your question.

New Poster

The Cellcom phone by the way is using 3G when I sucessfully reply or send to Comcast , not the wifi and Hughes net satellite. If I set the cellphone to use wifi and use the Hughes net satellite to reply or send email to Comcast it to is rejected.

Distinguished Professor IV

No, no static IP addresses with Hughesnet, unfortunately.  With that said, I believe a business account could get one before, but I don't know about now.   But, that's not going to help you.    

You could always sign up for an MSN, Gmail or Yahoo email account and try one of them, but I think you may end up having a similar issue.  I'm not in any way sure of that, though.  

Unfortunately, this is an issue that pops up every now and again.  I don't really know what the solution is, aside of Comcast stopping the block, which it sounds like they won't do.  I can understand the reason for the block, but, like any blanket policy, "innocent" people can get caught in the loop.    

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Thanks, for your response. Maybe a moderator will see and have a solution fgor me tomorrow. I tried to submit a problem report by email but the web form I filled out when I hit submit bombs out, so I called tech support on the phone earlier.  I will probably setup a Gmail account tomorrow, and when I do see if the account gets blocked when sent over hughes net email servers.