cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extremely slow download and upload speeds, it's been like this forever, I need help

New Poster

extremely slow download and upload speeds, it's been like this forever, I need help

Just tested my speeds and they are extrememly slow.  I'm not sure how to post them here, I need some help.  It's been like this for some time now, what's up?

1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: extremely slow download and upload speeds, it's been like this forever, I need help

Only Hughes' own test and testmy.net are accepted as accurate tests, though Hughes' own test seems to be having issues as of late.  With Hughes' test, you can post a pic of the results, or copy the results and paste them in here in the same way you would copy/paste text.  For testmy.net results, when signed into your testmy.net account, click on Results on the upper right.  When on your results page, copy the URL in the browser address bar and paste it into your reply.  

Make sure to run the tests while connected directly to the modem with a LAN cable (no WiFi) and, with testmy.net, which is the recommended test to use, use the manual 25MB download test size.  If running tests for diagnostic purposes (i.e. if you're asked to run speed tests), you should also disable the WiFi in the HT2000W if that's the modem you have.    

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit