Hughesnet Community

have been losing internet connection for 2 weeks now. system keeps shutting down

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shadowbk611

have been losing internet connection for 2 weeks now. system keeps shutting down

have had tech support on phone a couple times also had one visit house he didnt do much exspt change a splicer and leave the parts in my yard he never checked dish allignment didnt even come into house to check modem. within in a hour proble, started up again tech support sent new modem worked for 2 days started acting up again now they say needs reallighned again. hope they dont send same guy the tech guy who came last year was very proffesional and he checked everything allignment modem signal strngth hope i get him ref#53865186
7 REPLIES 7
Liz

Good morning shadowbk611,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear this, I'd like to get to the bottom of this for you. Thank you for posting your case number, this helps. I'll investigate further and let you know of any updates as soon as I have any to share.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi shadowbk611,

After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for Monday, May 9, 2016 between 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #53896566 if you need to reschedule.

Please let us know how the site visit goes. 

Thanks, 
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

shadowbk611

yeah he called found out the guy they sent last week wasnt even a tech he was a installer so that was a waste of 29.95 at least this guy thats coming knows what hes doing he already did a remote diagnostic and thinks he knows whats wrong already 
Liz

All the technicians we dispatch are installers as well, they can do both! Let us know how your visit goes today.

Thanks,
Liz

jkhboblitt

I had my Hughes Net put in on April 15. I am so frustrated because it has never worked right, I am unable to stream movies on my Fire stick. I have been on the phone for about 10 hours with them. They have me do the same things every time I get on the phone. I changed routers thinking that the one I had was not big enough. I though I was finally going to get the help I need because I was told that it was going to be sent to the engineers and would get a call back in 48 hours. I called them after 78 hours and it had not been sent to the engineers. The Tech support told me that it was running fine when the computer is connected directly in the computer! That it is running at a great speed, but the wireless is fine because the up load and the down load time it  good. But I am paying for 5 sec down load not 10-15. The two support people that I spoke to the other night told me that it isn't fast enough. So what do I do, Hughes net is the only one available where I am living,
shadowbk611

our tech showed up on time he spent 8hrs replacing pretty much everything he had to come back the next day to finish installing the new modem he had to put in because he needed authorization but it seems to be running fine now 
Liz

Good to hear! Thank you for this update. Feel free to come back to the community if you have any additional concerns.

Thanks,
Liz