cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having problems with my speed,

Highlighted

having problems with my speed,

having problems with my speed, cant perform a speed test because windows 10 and google dont support java apparently, not like it would tell the truth ...my computer can tell me the signal coming in from the modem every sec and it fluxes from 0kb to 450kb per sec which explains why it takes 2hrs to stream a 25min show.. if it doesnt lose the signal long enough to make me have to download it all over ... any suggestions... or reasons why
30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted

Re: having problems with my speed,

I also forgot it does not matter what time it is
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Use testmy.net it is only third party test Hughes accepts: http://testmy.net/download

Run manual 12 MB test and best to open an account so can post results like this: http://testmy.net/quickstats/sgoshe

Also connect directly to the modem, no router, if having problems. And are you over your allowance? Boxes green at top of page here: http://192.168.0.1/  ?
Highlighted
Alum

Hi damgoodjosh,

Thanks for posting. Please follow BirdDog's suggestion for running speed tests. Just to clarify when running tests on this particular site. 12 MB manual test is for downloads. Use 2 - 3 MB for upload tests. Looking at your diagnostics I currently see that there is no communication at your site with the satellite. Have you unplugged the modem or any other equipment? Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted

storm knocked out power on Monday... but I am not out of time and i am connected directly to the modem and its not my crap. like i said my computers admin tool will tell what kind of signal i am getting from your modem every sec. its not a speed test from any sec or third party site. .. i shouldn't have to sign up for yet another site that will lie to me...this has been an on going problem since we started service... it is either your sat. or your modem box... if i bring my computer to someone else that is not a hughes net customer it downloads or streams videos just fine..
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

The speed tests requested need to be done to verify the speeds and help to determine the problem. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Alum

Hello damgoodjosh,

Understand your frustration. However to better assist you we do need the speed tests done. Either using our own which can be found once logged into the support center here:

www.my.hughesnet.com

Or you can also run tests at www.testmy.net using the directions I laid out above. There is a lot we can do here to help, whether that is replacing equipment, sending out a tech, or having our engineers work directly on your site remotely. Without data and proof depicted, we'll just be taking shots in the dark. We need correct direction so we can resolve this as soon as possible and facilitate your satisfaction. So please if you don't mind running some for us. Your diagnostics by the way look good. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted

alright just did test on the testmy.net , 1st how do I post it on this page for you to see, it is the upload speeds not download,Wed Aug 31 2016 @ 2:54:04 pmDallas TX US arrow1.3 MB748 Kbps 94 kB/s66182967795Hughes Network historyMGr8fyQvishare history Wed Aug 31 2016 @ 2:48:03 pmDallas TX US arrow1.3 MB711 Kbps 89 kB/s66182967795Hughes Network historyYRgx4zrJZshare history Wed Aug 31 2016 @ 2:37:32 pmDallas TX US arrow1.5 MB730 Kbps 91 kB/s66182967795Hughes Network historyNobTZiqKFshare history Wed Aug 31 2016 @ 12:14:59 pmDallas TX US arrow1.2 MB687 Kbps 86 kB/s66182967795Hughes Network historyu8w5nqQPoshare history... ... so I guess when I want to watch a show it uploads it, not downloads , so as you can see very slow speeds what do u need me to do next
Highlighted

this month has been really bad also, losing sat. connection a lot for no reason, ive actually get better signals while its raining out, but when sunny and clear with no clouds in the sky I lose or get crappy signal...
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Like this.  This allows all of your tests to be looked at.

http://testmy.net/quickstats/damgoodjosh

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro