cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#hey dude, where's my data??

Sophomore

#hey dude, where's my data??

.. movie quote, for those that might not have seen or heard of it. this is neither going to be fun nor easy.. first I have to see if I can post screen captures.. seen posts done by others with excellent pics inline, very helpful 1000 words etc.. so if you opened this and it just sort of ends.. its because I tried to post a pic... if it didn't work and you know how please share.. tyvm. ( nope, nuthin tried c&p and d&d .. no go )
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Professor III

Re: #hey dude, where's my data??

@JT-Hughes

Make sure the picture is saved on your computer as a .jpg, .bmp or .png file, then click on the "Photos" button above the body of the reply.  Make sure to also have the cursor on this screen where you want the picture to go before you click on Photos.  That way you don't have it end up before a paragraph it's supposed to be after, or something like that.  Just put the cursor in the spot you want the picture, like you're getting ready to write a new sentence. 

Capture.JPG

Then click Choose Files on the page you are taken to when you click on Photos. 

Capture.JPG

Then select the file you want to add and click Open (if using a Windows computer).  In the following example, I used the default name for the snip I took, which is "Capture".  

Screenshot (44).jpg

Then, after it uploads, click Done, and it will post in the message body.  

Capture.JPG

Remember where you save your pictures.  Screenshoots (pressing Windows + PrintScreen at the same time) tend to save in the Screenshots folder in your pictures.  When using the snipping tool, you can choose where to save them.  Screenshots save as a .png file by default, which is uploadable.  Using the snipping tool they save as a jpg file by default (I think), which is also uploadable.  The pictures must be under 2MB in size or the upload will fail.  You can use Microsoft Paint to edit the pictures before uploading, if you need to.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Distinguished Professor III

Re: #hey dude, where's my data??

The following may also help.  It explains how to take a screenshot.

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit