cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage Photos Won't Send

Highlighted
Spectator

iMessage Photos Won't Send

I found another thread with this topic, but I don't seem to be able to reply to it. (https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Unable-to-send-or-recieve-imessage-photos/m-p/114812)

I just got my HughesNet service installed this afternoon, and so far, I'm relatively satisfied. After the lag in initial loading, the service is much faster than the 1-2 mbps rural DSL I am replacing. However, one issue that I can't seem to resolve, that's frankly a deal-breaker for me, is that I am not able to send iMessage photos when connected to HughesNet WiFi. 

I have tried all the things suggested in the thread referenced above, and none of them work. It is absolutely, unquestionably, not a problem with Apple or iOS or my phone. I can try to send a picture when connected to WiFi, disconnect and connect to my DSL, which is still up for the moment, and try to send the same photo and it goes through instantly. The problem is with HughesNet. 

It looks like a solution has been worked out according to the post referenced above, but it is not fixed for me. Any guidance apart from the things listed in the other thread, all of which I've tried and none of which worked? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: iMessage Photos Won't Send

@jrw8981 

Unfortunately, it's not fixed for everyone, but the engineers are currently working on the issue.  

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/iMessage-images-fail-to-upload/td-p/119426

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Spectator

That's certainly frustrating. Between the iMessages issue and trying to work through near-constant buffering on video streaming, this has definitely not been the "upgrade" I was hoping for. I sincerely hope I haven't traded in one crappy provider with terrible service for another crappy provider with terrible service.  

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@jrw8981 

If you're trying to stream in HD, you may need to turn off (or pause) the Video Data Saver.  You can also try lowering the resolution of the stream.

Keep in mind that, because HughesNet's system is limited in comparison to ground based services, there will often be congestion in the evenings due to that being when the highest number of people are online, which can cause problems with streaming.  

If you're not able to stream at any time, even during off peak usage times, you may want to run a few speed tests to see what kind of speed you're getting.  

Lastly, though unrelated, during your first twenty days after service activation HughesNet continually refills your monthly data allotment.  They do this as a courtesy in order to allow new customers to update or upgrade their devices to current, as doing so can use a lot of data, depending on the number of devices and how long it's been since those activities were performed.  After those initial twenty days the continual replenishment will stop and your data usage will start being deducted from your monthly allotment in the normal fashion.  I mention this so you're aware of why your data levels don't seem to be dropping, even when you're performing activities that you know have used a good amount of data.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

Images are loading now for me, but very, very slowly, even when everything else is working just fine (I can stream just fine, for example)  so I think the issue, whatever it is, is not completely fixed.

@GabeU wrote:

Unfortunately, it's not fixed for everyone, but the engineers are currently working on the issue.  

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/iMessage-images-fail-to-upload/td-p/119426