im have a problem with my wifi

New Poster

im have a problem with my wifi

my wifi is not connecting and i call customer service and no help
9 REPLIES 9
Associate Professor

Re: im have a problem with my wifi

@jamiejam12

Do you happen to know what satellite you are on?  Right now there is a major outage (on Echostar-19) that is affect most of the Gen5 customers.

New Poster

how do u know if u are a gen 5 or not
Associate Professor

Gen5 customers will have an HT2000w modem, however, the ones being impacted are pointed to Echostar-19-NAD.

You can see what satellite you are pointed at by getting on a device that's already connected to your HT2000w, and visit http://www.systemcontrolcenter.com/#!/home/information and look for "Satellite Name".

Spectator

Yea they're hanging up on their customers 😡😡😡
Spectator

Im in Alabama and mine is down YET AGAIN

I have been down more than up over the past few months, I call and they say Im under contract yet they dont fufill they end of the contract

I connected another provider so I have internet

Associate Professor

@Taylormarie123

No, they aren't, the call system can't handle a call volume as massive as the one that's happening right now.  Think of it this way, you have 20 highways into a single city that can handle 10,000 people per day each.  Note, that's per day.  Suddenly, you get potentially 800,000+ people all at one time trying to get onto those 20 highways, and the toll operators can't handle it.

New Poster

well i happend to have that one.. thank u do u know how long and when this might be back on
Associate Professor
Spectator

Ok thankyou for writing me much appreciated hope the system comes back soon.