cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet and direct tv

internet and direct tv

how do I block direct tv from my ibternet?
3 REPLIES 3
Assistant Professor

Re: internet and direct tv

If your DirecTV box doesn't have built-in wifi capability (don't know if the newer ones do), simply unplug the ethernet cable from the back of the DirecTV box.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Distinguished Professor IV

@lou1677

Has someone previously connected it or are you worried about it connecting on its own?  If the former, it depends on how it's connected (LAN vs WiFi).  If the latter, DirecTV receivers can't seek out internet sources and connect on their own.  Someone has to connect it.    

If the DirecTV receiver's been connected to HughesNet via WiFi, you're going to have to reset the network settings in the DirecTV receiver.  Menu > Settings & Help > Settings > Internet Setup > Advanced Setup > Reset Network

If connected via LAN cable, like Mark mentioned, disconnect the cable.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi Lou,

As @MarkJFine mentioned if your DirectTV box is connected with a LAN cable (looks like a phone cable). Simply disconnecting the cable will disconnect the box from the internet. If your DirectTV box is using Wi-Fi then @GabeU has provided the correct steps for that as well. 

-Wade