cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet speed

New Poster

internet speed

I was told over a month ago that someone from engineering would be calling me about slow internet speeds. Can you tell me what the hold up is?

2 REPLIES

Re: internet speed

Hi riley012,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. We do want to get to the bottom of this so I pulled up your account and reviewed your case notes. It looks like the last agent you spoke with saw you had an open escalated case, but did not see that it was closed on 3/23. In that 3/23 session, the diagnostics and speed tests showed that all was fine with your system performance and there were no further questions, so that case was closed. This was when there was a discussion about wifi extenders.

I do apologize for the more recent rep saying to expect a call when your previous case was in fact closed. If you are still having speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account if you haven't don't so already, and run new speed tests (3-5) so we can evaluate your current performance. I've already run diagnostics on your system and see that all looks well on that front.

Most important points to remember during this test:

-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)

-use the 25MB size download test file

-space each test at least 5 minutes apart

-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Re: internet speed

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->