HughesNet Community

modem off and on

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlie72

modem off and on

The modem stopped working period. Power light on only. Called for help, asked to speak with US but was hung up on once, called back and got "someone" in Mexico....was nice, but had difficulty understanding her.... Anyway after trying all the plugging unplugging, trying to put in customer care center and 168.168.0.1 nothing happened. She then told me to push the reset button for exactly two minutes. When that didn't work, she put me on hold then said a tech needs to come out at a cost of $125....I asked if she could send a new modem and she said no. I can't afford that. Will have to budget for that....but in the mean time I unplugged and plugged once again and did the restart thing and finally all the lights came on. But it is doing what it has been doing for several months, which is not connecting, but after turning all off and on, trying different browsers, it does start to work again....What is up with this?
3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Carlie, the $125 is the fee for a tech visit. It's not a free service. Give the reps on this site some time to check your case and see if they have something different to say. 

Liz

Hi carlie72,

Thank you for posting and providing those details. Let's try a modem swap to see if that makes a difference for you. I've expedited a modem to you at no extra charge, so please expect it soon. You can use the same box to return the old modem to us, just use the return label in the outer pouch.

Please let me know how the new modem works out for you!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning carlie72,

Just following up; I see you've received the modem Tuesday and are currently online. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to start a new thread. Have a good weekend!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!