cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my.hughesnet.com/accounts PAGE is not functioning correctly as of 7-17-2017. Needs a code tweak

Senior

my.hughesnet.com/accounts PAGE is not functioning correctly as of 7-17-2017. Needs a code tweak

I activated my HughesNet Voice service yesterday and had trouble navigating the top frame. The tabs will not allow the link to navigate to My Services.  A mouse over produces nothing on the browser progress bar on the bottom.

Fortunately, I finally found the same lists of choices in the bottom frame that worked for me.

After finding the links that worked, I could open the My Service Plan page to complete the activation and to "manage" my HughesNet Voice.

13 REPLIES 13
Associate Professor

Re: my.hughesnet.com/accounts PAGE is not functioning correctly as of 7-17-2017. Needs a code tweak

Senior

Re: my.hughesnet.com/accounts PAGE is not functioning correctly as of 7-17-2017. Needs a code tweak

I am using IExplorer 11

Addons? like shockwave, Java, Norton toolbar?

Other pages work  ie; myhughesnet.hughesnet.com

all the tabs on the top frame work

Senior

@kitnbob wrote:

I activated my HughesNet Voice service yesterday and had trouble navigating the top frame. The tabs will not allow the link to navigate to My Services.  A mouse over produces nothing on the browser progress bar on the bottom.

Fortunately, I finally found the same lists of choices in the bottom frame that worked for me.

After finding the links that worked, I could open the My Service Plan page to complete the activation and to "manage" my HughesNet Voice.

Thinking back, after one activation fail, I called the tech support number on the page with the error message Activation error 004. She was very patient and helpfull and got the account established and activated.

She suggested I finish the activation by typing "my.hughesnet.com"

I questioned if the "dot" be inserted inbetween my and hughesnet. She assured me that was correct.

The booklet that came with the ATA kit said to type myhughesnet.com        hmmm redirected to; myhughesnet.hughesnet.com     I did not have any problems there.

my.hughesnet.com is the page that my browser could not navigate the top frame (jscript) 

but it would navigate the <A> anchors in the bottom frame

Tags (1)
Distinguished Professor III

I just tried it with my IE and it's doing the same thing.  Something isn't right.  On the main page it shows my billing amounts, but shows that I'm not signed in on the upper right and none of the tabs work.  

It works in Chrome, though, so it's something having to do with IE.  

Edit:  It works with Firefox and Edge, as well, so it's definitely something having to do with IE.  

And, though this is just a thought, it might be time for you to consider migrating to an alternate browser, as IE is being discontinued, anyway.  They'll still support IE for a while, I'm sure, but there will be no more releases and support will eventually end.  They're trying to push people to Edge, and though I don't care much for Edge right now, it is getting better as time goes on.  I, personally, use Chrome, at least at this time.   

VERY strange...

Screenshot (2).jpg

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior

Very Strange indeed.

I heard that the windows10 upgrade screwed up a lot of stuff.

MS didnt care.

I'm stayin with windows7 as long as I can.

On my windows98 box (that died 10 yrs ago) I tested pages on Netscape, Opera, IE, Firefox and Chrome, and dual booted with a version of Redhat.  too much for me to keep up with, too old now.

Nobody talks about Netscape anymore, do they?

More programmers wrote html code on IE back then.   Now Chrome more so.

Very strange indeed.      Anyway, I saw the bug,   your job to squash it :-)

@kitnbob

Netscape....those were the days.  Wish it were still around, though I suppose Firefox would be the "spiritual" successor.   I used to use Opera back in the early 2000s.  It was faster than anything else, and at that time I had one of the early versions of cable internet.  Only had it for a couple of years, then moved and was stuck with dialup for another two.  Then signed up for Hughesnet in late 2004.  By then I was using IE.  Heck, I used IE until late last summer, then switched to Chrome.         

Hopefully the reps will let the Engineers know about the bug.  I'll tag them, just in case....

@Liz @Amanda

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior

Even on the top of THIS page, the tabs dont work using IExplorer11 

Senior

Some years back, we noticed that Navy Federal Credit Union/online banking would not work in Opera.

We had to use IE to transfer funds.   :-)

Tried it and same here, though it's not suprising that they wouldn't work on here, too. 

And interesting thing, though, is that the tabs and links in those tabs appear to work when NOT signed in with IE, though, of course, without being signed in they won't take you anywhere without first prompting you to sign in.  LOL.  With that said, if you follow through and sing in, it does take you to the page in the link you click on (Usage, in my case).  Then, once on that page, once again the tabs and links don't work because you are signed in.  A big mess, for sure.  Smiley Sad 

At least it's not totally dead and other browsers will work in the meantime.