cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'new' 6.5.2 HughesNet Status Meter isn't working in Win10.

'new' 6.5.2 HughesNet Status Meter isn't working in Win10.

'new' 6.5.2 HughesNet Status Meter isn't working in Win10. The old one worked fine. Now with the new, I see the major headings, but no detailed information. the entire box is just blank. When I click on the major headings, 'loading' appears, then stops, but NO information is seen. Blank. There is no way to buy more tokens, as nothing shows up. I have reinstalled this twice, with the same results. Thanks for the help.
26 REPLIES 26

Re: 'new' 6.5.2 HughesNet Status Meter isn't working in Win10.

The "new" meter does not work for Vista either. I am angry when I get emails from Hughesnet offering free token when purchasing two...but ONLY for those special people who have the "new meter".  I find this very offensive as I usually run out of the stingy 10 gig allowance a few days before the end of the month.  I have NEVER streamed a movie, or even been able to view YouTube or other videos without sacrificing what little bandwidth I am allowed.  I even stopped updating Windows updates last year.  I hate Hughesnet, but I have no other choice where I live.
Sophomore

On 3 of my 4 Win10 machines the new status meter runs fine. On my 4th this is what I get:

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and clearing the appdata folder and still the same thing. I think I have to go back to the old status meter until this is fixed.
Assistant Professor

It won't work on 32-bit systems, if that is what OP and Sally have.

It doesn't work on one of my two computers either. And yes all my computers are 64 bit.

Good morning bwbalint,

Welcome and thanks for posting. We certainly want to dig into this deeper. Can you please post screenshots of your Status Meter?

Before installing the Status Meter, did you uninstall the old Status Meter first?

In the meantime, you can still purchase tokens via the Support Center. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Sherri,

Was the previous Status Meter uninstalled before installing the latest version?

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

This version, 6.5.2, works just fine on my Wife's log-in on our desktop computer, but only works once on my log-in.  The difference is that my Desktop is set to 125% and hers is set to 150%.  Could this be a "resolution" problem?

The 'old' working meter was uninstalled first. Here is a screen shot of the HughesNet Status Meter.  

I changed my settings to 150%, but the Status meter is still blank.  I will restart the computer at 150% and see if that does anything.  Thanks.