cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer still slow speeds still ........

Highlighted
New Poster

new customer still slow speeds still ........

i have been a hughes net customer for about 10 days now . my speeds have benn up and down i have good speeds from about 8am central time zone until 5 pm central time zone after 5 pm til about 11:30 pm my speed drops to about 1 mbps or less on most days i can't even stream a movie off netflix with it buffering all the time and on some day in the evening hrs i may get like 11mps or higher for about an hour or so ... i have contacted tech support many times and still have problems ..i told the sale person that i had up to 3 tv's and 2 ipads on the network wireleely most the evenging hrs she had suggested the 10 gig plan at first the after i told her about the devices she said i would need the 50/50 plan to stream movies on tv and use my ipads i asked if sat internet would support my devices without buffering she said it would it showed 15 mbps download and 2 upload in my area in texas she told me that if tech hook up my service and i didnt get at lease 10-13 mbps i could tell him i didnt want it well his test showed 20-25 mbps on 5 test that was at about 3;30 pm everything was good until about 5;30 when my speeds dropped below 1 mbps ok my question is if and when gen 5 comes online will yall switch me over to it automitically or do i have to ask for it ...... thank you i'm long winded
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: new customer still slow speeds still ........

Hi Andy.Donna,

We are very sorry the beginning of your time with us is off to a rocky start. We are having some work done on our network that is supposed to improve service at night by adding more room for everyone to "move around". 

In regards to Gen5, since you are already on Gen4 you can choose to stay and you should see an increase in speeds, or you can hop over to the new satellite. All we would need to do is send you the new modem to your house and it is easy to hook up. But when Gen5 comes out, we are going to see a big jump in speeds and if the Ultra plan is available to you now I really recommend staying on Gen4 for a while. If you don't see improvement, we can get you over to Gen5. Just give us a holler here. In the meantime, I will apply a $20 discount to your account for 6 months because of the inconvenience.  Please let me know if you have any questions! I would be happy to answer.

Thanks,
Amanda
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: new customer still slow speeds still ........

thank you Amanda