cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

Re: new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

Thats the thing they do not listen to your problem before they come back with their standard scripted answers.  I want out too.  I have called customer service at least 2-3 times a month since I got it.  This is the worst company that i have ever dealt with in my entire life.  I'm contacting the attorney general.
Honorary Alumnus

Re: new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

Sherri,

Agreed that the lower support tiers tend to appear scripted.

That does act as a filter of sorts to categorize problems, see if a simple solution works (IE modem reboot) and better define the issue so it can be escalated to the next support level.

As a fellow user for about 12 years I do understand the frustration involved with that.

This user forum operates at the corporate level, staffed by really knowledgeable Hughes employees M-F, 9am to 5pm eastern.

There are also a number of experienced forum regulars, such as myself among others, that may be able to help you with issues during the weekends and after hour periods.

I would encourage you to start a new topic of your own describing your problem and giving details such as your modem type (HN9000, HT1000/1100) and plan level, operating system and if you are connected directly or through a router.

Freshman

I watch two or three hours of Netflix every night miracasting my phone to the television. "Unlimited?" Depends on how much television entertains you, I guess. If I am not watching the program, I don't run it in the background for noise factor.
Freshman

I watch two or three hours of Netflix every night miracasting my phone to the television. "Unlimited?" Depends on how much television entertains you, I guess. If I am not watching the program, I don't run it in the background for noise factor.
Freshman

I have noticed most questions here are actually people trying to avoid their ETF. It took time to work out my speed issues, and the data issues were on my side. I never had unreasonable expectations about what could be done with 10GB of data.

SOMETIMES, they are also customers who are tired of data caps who had new service enter the area.

For some reason, I am always happy when a customer chooses to learn to work with the system. It can be done. We always end up doing everything possible to burn through the last 40% of our data before we reset, since we don't use it all.
Honorary Alumnus

One thing I have a difficult time understanding are those that "buy" a product (Internet service in this context) without doing any research.

I view the content of TV ads and the words of salespeople as being "BAIT" not fact regardless of product or service.

Without some degree of skepticism we would all be owners of Arizona beach front property !  Common sense has to apply somewhere.

It is in the end the responsibility of the potential customer to ascertain if the product or service meets the needs of that customer.

It is not difficult at all to discover that a satellite connection, regardless of brand, is a connection type of last resort.

The take away here is ... if you have any other options beside dial-up, TAKE IT !

The inherent limitations of a sat connection dictate that it NEVER will be able to compare/compete to any ground based system be it DSL, Cable, FIOS or even a WISP or Cell based service.

No one, be it Hughes, Exede, Congress, FCC, (FTC) or any other three letter agency is able to repeal the laws governing the speed of light OR the data through-put capacity of a machine, once built and launched into orbit.

That being said ... If Hughes is your only Internet option you have only two choices, do with out or learn how to get the most from what you have.

Know what you are buying !

If its broke, we can help you fix it.

Because it is a service that is in outlying areas a user is going to be required to "participate" in the troubleshooting process. You need not be a "geek" or "techie" to be involved with the process. It IS a process of Elimination, it IS a process of Divide & Conquer.

The more you know about your system, the less reliant you will be on phone support.

There are many aspects to computers that are not readily apparent, this also applies to networking issues. There are people here in the Hughes Community can help you if you let them.

Associate Professor

I wish more people would do research...  Like people dropping $2000 on a Samsung Smart Fridge...  Samsung is ignoring a drainage issue (the condensate pipe clogs up very easily on their fridges) and is telling people to **** off.  Takes a few years for it to happen, and by the time it does' the stupid things are out of warranty.

So yeah, any time you are dropping large sums of cash on a product, or will be going into ANY form of a service, or contract, a consumer should seriously research things.

Everyone just expects freebies and handouts these days... Eventually Hughes will end up like Samsung if people keep abusing things, and that's ignoring the consumer entirely.
Honorary Alumnus

Funny you mention that ....

Wife wanted a new Fridge. Really just "bored" with the other (28 cf GE Profile) that runs well and is so old it has a "conventional" compressor.

Looked at top of the line LG and Samsung units in the $2500-$3000 range. They looked real nice, had great features and had scroll or linear type compressors.

Research says those have a typical max useful life of about 10 yrs.

The compressor on a fridge is EVERYTHING ... you lose that, you lost the entire investment.

Point: Research done, does not fill my needs, I moved on .... Thanks but no thanks.

Remember the red flag being waved at the bull in the bull fight ?

He just HAS to charge when he sees the red flag.

Advertising is just that that .. someone waving a Red Flag. Now I have to ask .. Aren't we all better informed than the Bull ?

Look what happened to him !

Associate Professor

They look real nice, but the cost per year is... just too freaking high.  Nothing special about them, you can get a generic fridge with LED lighting and the such these days, no need for smart functions at all on a fridge.
Honorary Alumnus

Consumer Tip:

The heat from an LED will not keep your Beer cold or your Beef warm !

Everything else other than Grandkids and Doggies does not matter.

Tara says HI !