cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no connection to router or internet

Freshman

no connection to router or internet

The last 2 days I've been having a connection issue. I would lose connection to router (HT2000W), I would power reset the router and it would work for a couple of hours then I would have to do it all over again. Now no matter what I do it will start to load up, then the 4 top lights are lit solid and no connection to router. I tried resetting using the WPS and reset button and no change. I looked on the hughesnet website and did not see where I can reset or test my modem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: no connection to router or internet

@bishop2 

With a device that is connected directly to the HT2000W modem, and preferably via LAN cable, what do you see listed for the State Code in the "System Summary" box at the top of this page?

On that same page, what do you see listed for the Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the "WAN Info" box on the bottom left? 

Lastly, on this page, what do you see listed for the Satellite Name and the Beam ID in the "Satellite" box on the bottom right?

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

@GabeU 

When I try to connect by ethernet there is no connection between computer and modem. I cannot access the information you asked for.

@bishop2 

In that case, the reps will assuredly need to help.  They'll likely want to run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment, so please be sure to leave your HughesNet modem plugged in so that they can do so.  

The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They usually reply within a day, but when coming back from the weekend it can sometimes take a little longer.  

Regarding performing a reset on the HT2000W modem, please only do so when instructed to by a HughesNet rep, and then only in the manner instructed.  In most cases a reset is unnecessary, and it can actually cause more harm than good if it's performed improperly.  Power cycling the modem, however, as in unplugging it, waiting at least thirty seconds, then plugging it back in, is fine.  A power cycle can often "fix" minor issues that are being experienced, though what's going on here sounds like it could be something more serious. 

Lastly, it would be a good idea to ensure that the coax connector at the back of the modem is at least finger tight.  It doesn't need to be any tighter than this, but it shouldn't be loose.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

@GabeU 

Thanks for your help. Hopefully the reps can do something.

The coaxial cable is finger tight. 

@bishop2 

You're quite welcome.  

I hope that they can get you back online quickly.  Smiley Happy 

Hi bishop2, 

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I ran diagnostics on your site and even reboot it from my end. I'm able to access your SCC fine and don't see any issues from here. I've sent you a modem to address your concerns. You can use the same box it arrives in to return your old modem; there's a return label in the outer pouch. Please expect your new modem this week, and let me know how it works out for you.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

@Liz 

When I got home this afternoon and had the same issues. I did a power reset and still nothing. I appreicate your help and the new modem, and I will let you know the result of the new modem. Thanks again.

Freshman

@Liz 

I received new modem, hooked everything up and it works. I appreciate your help and will be sending old modem back to you.

Highlighted

Good morning bishop2,

Happy to hear that! Thanks for letting me know. Have a great rest of your day!

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->