cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farmerhugh
Sophomore

not private

Your connection isn't private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from  (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

i keep getting this message.  the only wway to get rid of it is to restart the modem.  any suggestions.  thanks
18 REPLIES 18
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

What are you trying to do when you get this message?

All I am trying to do is open a web page,  it is happening more and more,  if I shut the modem down and then restart it again i can get the webpage,  Could something be wrong with the modem.  it getting old.

maratsade

It might be the modem. Hopefully one of the reps on this site @Liz , @Remy@Damian ) can look into this and see what's going on. You can also try connecting to reps on social media. 

farmerhugh,

First let's see if a modem swap will do the job. Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the old modem. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Let me know how the new modem works out for you!

Thanks,

Remy

thanks Remi, i hope this works.  I look forward to receiving it and will be happy to return the old one and will let you know asap.  i trust this will be at no cost to us as long as you get the old one back.

i meant Remy   sorry

farmerhugh,

All associated shipping fees have been waived!

Thanks,

Remy

Thank you Remy. received it yesterday.  goingt to try to get to town to mail the old one back.  after

set it up today.  Many  thanks again!  Marion

farmerhugh
Sophomore

im still having problems...  should i hook up my router to the new modem.  it won't open the router. so far

farmerhugh,

Are you having similar issues to what you were experiencing previously?

Thanks,

Remy

yes,I am not real good with cpmputers nd i'm lost,

yes everything is up to date

farmerhugh,

I've gone ahead and set up a dispatch for a technician to come take a look at your system! They'll arrive on Monday, Nov 15, 2021 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM, which is our earliest available time and date. I've made sure to waive all associated fees. Please let us know how the visit goes!

Thanks,

Remy

Thank you 

Thank you Remy, I'll let you know,  Marion

Hi Remy, the tech was here Tuesday and realigned the dish.  He was knowledgeable and very courteous.  So far we have had no problems.  Thank you very much for your quick and considerate help.  If anything pops up we will let you know.  You are super!!  Wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving.

Hi Remy. its worse than before.  I can;t seem to connect to several web sites, but yet i can connect to a few..  i never was able to bring up the wireless settings (the 196.thing). I really need help on this.  I already returned the old one,  Any help you can give mr will be appreciated.  I'm not very computer savvy and of course to us the web pages it won't bring up are the ones we really seem to need we are trying to get health insurane quotess (Medicare change time) and some of the companies i can't bring up.  I look forward to hearing from someone who can help.  Thanks

maratsade

Are your devices up to date with the latest software updates?