cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outage

jrjan1
Freshman

outage

So 4 days ago, after I complained about my data usage, mysteriously, my allotted data went from 56% to 96%, even without a new allotment. I think because I had just gotten a new system. I was being billed for 2 systems on my credit card and I think I was being dinged for 2 systems on my data. I called about my credit card and was given a credit, and then my data was given back to me. I printed off the screens for proof. Then there was a 2 day outage. Now, 4 days later, 2 of those days with NO internet at all because the satellite wasn't working, I have 3% left. 

I had left my computer on during the outage and whether it was still trying to connect and accumulating data usage, I don't know, but I have no idea how I could have used 93% of my data in 2 days.  The day before the outage and last night, I kept getting errors that my internet is unstable, so my queries took twice as long - I suppose that's how I used up all my data. I do not stream anything as Hughes Net is so slow and I don't have the patience to sit there while it buffers, so this is just reading email, using apps - Office 365, no games, no streaming.  

Hughes Net needs to look at their outage procedures and adjust people's accounts accordingly - and we should get a 2 day credit off our bill since there was a 2 day outage.

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: outage

@jrjan1

Being that the other thread had an issue of unexplained data usage, it may be a good idea to take a look at the following page to see if something is connected and using data that you are not aware of.  Being that your Anytime Data had been exhausted during the previous month in that other thread, this may be the case.  

The following page will show what is connected, and what has been connected and disconnected, since the modem was last powered up...

http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/conn_dev_info

Edit:  And I do understand a TV was involved during the previous month, but it may still be that something is using data without you knowing.  That page will help to show anything that is connected, or has been connected, since the modem was last powered up.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Re: outage

Hi jrjan1,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, we appreciate your understanding while our engineers worked to address the recent service degradation. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concern.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.