cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone service, conversations are not useable

Highlighted
New Poster

phone service, conversations are not useable

I have attempted on several occasions to request suggestions or solutions to my super sketchy phone service. We’ve had the phone for a couple weeks as we had little or no phone service and my wife is being treated for cancer making it necessary to have communication with the doctors. When II contact Hughes net they say it looks fine from their end so I call using the H/N phone and they couldn’t hear half what I said and I heard very little of there side. I open to any suggestions as to how to improve my service cuz I have no other options
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: phone service, conversations are not useable

This is your first time asking for help on this site, and I'm sure the reps here will help you as soon as they can.  Hang in there.  @Liz 

Highlighted

Hi Mr15,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. We can certainly troubleshoot your Voice concerns here. I've already pulled up your account and run diagnostics on your site. Good that the HughesNet internet connection is working normally so we won't need to address that.

We'll need more information so we can address your call quality concern:

1. When the issue begin.?

2. Is the garbled audio consistent on all calls?

3. Is the the garbled audio consistently both ways on all calls?

4. Any inclement weather during calls with garbled audio?

5. Are all the cables seated properly on the ATA?

6. The following you can private message me for security: phone numbers, dates, and times when you experienced garbled audio. 

7. Are you using a corded or cordless phone?

8. Do you have another phone to test? (If so, does that one make a difference?)

9. Remove any other device connected to the HughesNet modem except the ATA, and test the call again. Any difference?

If you have any questions about any of the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Hi Mr15,

I see you resolved this on your own as indicated in your other thread. I'll go ahead and close this one down.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.