cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone service terrible (Crackling Noise)

phone service terrible (Crackling Noise)

I am using a cordless phone and I have done number 2 when I talked to someone the first time and nothing has worked.  Currently I have been hearing crakling nosies in between every other word. It is kind of hard to understand the conversation when every other thing you hear is cracking noises.

2 REPLIES 2
Senior

Re: phone service terrible (Crackling Noise)

Hello slanning0216,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I've moved your post so we can better focus on your issue.  First please make sure that you tried power cycling both your HughesNet modem and the Voice ATA (smaller box going to the phone) and check if there is any improvement in your service. If this does not improve your service, please respond to the questions below.

1. When did this issue start?
2. When you make calls, can the person with whom you are speaking with hear you clearly?
3. When you receive calls, can both people on the line hear the crackling noise? If not, who usually hears the noise?

Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you.

-Aedan
Senior

Re: phone service terrible (Crackling Noise)

Hello slanning0216,

I haven’t heard much from you in awhile and I wanted to check on your service. Has the issue been resolved? We recently had a customer with a similar concern as you and was he was able to resolve the issue by distancing the phone base from the sat modem and ata box. Please see the link below for more information. Thanks.

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Voice-has-loud-popping-noise/m-p/80668#M57181

-Aedan