Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with iPad messaging over Hughes.net, not other networks

Highlighted
Junior

Re: problem with iPad messaging over Hughes.net, not other networks

Hey Sgoshe,
Since both Liz and myself have had no issues with iMessage it would seem apparent that the problem was/is not an issue created by Apple. 
I have 3 Apple devices and all of them "play well" with satellite services.
I have 4 Windows devices and 5 Linux also having no problems so, IMHO I think it has to either be in sections of HN's network OR the individual user's home networks. idk

Don  Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Sophomore

I agree, with one exception... the fact that the problem erupted simultaneously for many users, I don't think all of us screwed up our home networks in the same way at the same time.  This is further corroborated by the fact that all of the rest of our on line aps work the same as they have for years (at least in my case).  Also, apparently not all gen4 users are being affected by this anomaly, as you point out in your post.  There was some dialogue a few days ago that this problem seemed to be associated with the Albuquerque node (hub/site/center... whatever) but there hasn't been any additional references to that since the original comments.  IMHO...
Highlighted
Junior

This was an excellent post and hopefully will give engineering some insight as to where to look.
Good job!!!

Don  Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Junior

Absolutely, Kirk.
Only IF there was a commonality in the affected users' networks but, as you extrapolated, the greatest likelihood is it is a problem within limited areas of HN's system.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

So, still a problem with Apple servers and Hughes communication. Never placed entire blame on either party. Even one gateway with the problem means something isn't communicating right. 

Only said communications problems seem to  happen a lot with Apple devices.
Highlighted
Junior

Never once , for as long as I've been a HN customer have I had a problem with Apple devices on their network.
Maybe I've just been lucky but it's been an awful long time to be just coincidence.
I've had to do an NVRAM reset before to fix iMessage (not a network issue) on my desktop and I do clear the RAM on my iPhone if it stutters or slows down.
I tend to leave them both on for weeks or months at a time. The phone, at least needs to be turned off and on occasionally.
Highlighted
New Poster

Still no imessage on Hughes.net here.  South Carolina
Highlighted

After being down for almost 2 weeks, i was able to iMessage with an iPad. iPhones still don't work. Will have to see how long it will work on the iPad and hope the phones start soon.  Northern California
Highlighted
New Poster

iMessage still down here, has been since this all started.  We're in VA.
Highlighted
Junior

Hi erniet,
Both iPad and iPhone use IOS.
If both devices are running the same version, and one will iMessage and the other will not then waiting is not the answer. In other words, If one can then they both can.
Try clearing out the RAM cache on the phones.

1. From the home screen (not the lock screen) hold down the sleep/wake button until the power off appears.
2. Release the sleep/wake button.
3. Hold down the Home button.
4. After a few seconds the screen will flash blank and then return to the home screen.

Don  Smiley Happy