cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receiving less than 17 percent of my contracted speed

Freshman

Re: receiving less than 17 percent of my contracted speed

@MarkJFine wrote:

How do you know it's not HughesNet's provider? If your gateway is going through the Level3 backbone they have long history of having connection issues with Apple and Microsoft (amongst numrous others using Akamai as a CDN), depending upon how bollocksed up their routing table is.

Sometimes things aren't precisely what you think they are.

It works on 2 other IP providers without issue.

Assistant Professor

I concede. You have clearly gone to great lengths in an attempt to try to prove your point and have all the technical answers. I can't tell you anything.

Are you Mordacious in disguise?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Distinguished Professor IV

@bmorgil wrote:

Sure alternate facts.. Ha-ha and I did vote for Trump. You are either poorly informed of your own Hughesnet or, you are in the game with them. How can you state that with a setting in my router II can request Hughsnet to throttle my speed myself, yet Hughesnet doesn't do that?  In this thread it states if the load on the satellite needs proportional adjustment the speed is varied based on customer load. You can watch it happen in the right room. So what you are saying is "oh they would never do that"? Because, they sure can do that. Can't wait till the two years is up. What a rip off. Very misrepresented. The speed is only there for certain sites at the whim of Hughesnet. One thing you surly can't deney. I can go to 2 other providers with the same laptop and have no prblem at all. Yet on Hughesnet it so slow it is not usable. Hmm.. alt facts.

Assumptions aren't facts.  They don't throttle individual sites, though you can believe whatever nonsense you want.  

Secondly....

From the terms of service...

Capture.JPG

From the Hughesnet site...

Capture.JPG

And the disclosure during a phone sale gives the same information regarding the speed.  Speed is not guaranteed.    

So much for "Very misrepresented."  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine wrote:

Are you Mordacious in disguise?

I had that thought, too.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit