cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal unstable, internet keeps cutting out

Liz

Re: signal unstable, internet keeps cutting out

Good morning bumsdw,

Thank you for letting me know. The modem order was for the 96055 zip code. I do apologize for the delay, it seems there was a system issue last week that affected HT2000w RMAs. It has supposedly been fixed by now so I'm reattempting to get that modem out to you. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi bumsdw,

Thank you for your patience, I have your UPS tracking number for your replacement modem. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent the tracking number to you via PM.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

bumsdw
New Poster

I like the new modem with built-in wireless. However, it did not correct the problem. The signal is still unstable and I am unable to do anything that requires a solid network connection. I am beginning to think that this is not a hardware problem but rather a service deficiency.

Liz

Hi bumsdw,

Thank you for the update on the new modem. I'll have to double-check to see if a radio replacement would be appropriate in your case. I'll post back once I have any updates.

Liz

Good morning bumsdw,

How has the service been so far since the modem swap? I ran diagnostics on your site and see a significant decrease in modem errors.

Looking forward to hearing back.

bumsdw
New Poster

Hi Liz,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. The service was was actually much better for a short period of time. After about two weeks the stability started worsening, although not as bad as it originally was. Now it occasionally cuts in and out. Now I can`t even check my usage, it says ref FAP-1 whatever that means. So I`m just living with it until I can try something different. Thanks for your help, David (bumsdw).

Liz

Hi David,

Thank you for getting back to me. Let me escalate your concern about that FAP-1 error message up. I'll post back once I have any news for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.