cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow download speeds

1AZlady

slow download speeds

with a download speed of .1mbps we aren't even able to stream a netflix movie. We are paying for 10 mbps. Can you troubleshoot?
6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: slow download speeds

To have speed issues addressed in this community, please follow the procedure detailed here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

1AZlady

I am doing a 12 hour automatic test right now, but MyTest is the one who told me I am 100% slower than your average customer.
maratsade

Make sure you follow the instructions or the tests won't be accepted for troubleshooting. 

GabeU

@1AZlady 

Unfortunately, by adding a # after your display name it's made it so the quickstats link to your test results doesn't work...

https://testmy.net/quickstats/1AZlady#

Do you know which service you have?  Being that you have a 10Mbps plan speed, it makes me think you have Gen4 and the HN9000 modem.  Is this the case?  The reason I ask is that this is going to determine which download test file size you should use, as the tests have to be run using a consistent test size, not an automatic size.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
GabeU

@1AZlady 

For reference, none of the speed tests you're continuing to run will be of use to the HughesNet reps. 

Which service you have will determine the test sizes you need to use.  If you have the HN9000 modem, please use the manual 6MB test size for your download tests.  If you have the HT1100 or HT2000W modem, please use the manual 25MB test size for your download tests.

If you're using the 'Automatic Speed Test', as in setting it up to test at specific intervals, please be sure to set the download size to the appropriate size mentioned above, and then be sure to check the 'No Forward' box.  This will ensure that the download tests are always run with that specific test size.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Hello 1AZlady, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!