cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speeds here, please help

Joe_
Freshman

Re: Oops

Were back  and the router is on again.  I turned the router on in the afternoon on Thursday as promised

I posted a new test on testmy.net done this morning.  Download speed was a whopping 6.21 Mbps 777 kB/s.  

Edit:

also added a test performed at 13:30 with a result of 3.9 Mbps 487 kB/s.

Joe_
Freshman

Bump

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Joe_ wrote:

Bump

There's no need to bump your thread.  When the reps are back on they will see a notification that you replied.  The reps aren't on during the weekends.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Jay

Hello Joe,

After taking a look at your account, the system seems to be functioning normally and your speeds look great from our end.

Your plan offers download speeds of up to 10 Mbps and as you may already know, speeds are not guaranteed. You may experience slower speed during peak periods, typically between the hours of 6pm to midnight local time, but this can vary from day to day depending on the total amount of internet traffic; however, if you are experiencing consistently slow speeds (closer to 3 Mbps) I'd like to investigate further. Are these the only two tests you've run since your modem came back online?

-Jay

Joe_
Freshman

Yes those are the only tests I have run since I got back.  The dish was only powered down for two days before those two tests were run,  hopefully you can use the previous test also.

See what you can do with it, let me know if I can help.   

Jay

Joe, 

If you feel that you are experiencing consistently slow speeds, please provide some additional tests done throughout the day so we can better gauge your average speeds.

-Jay

Jay

Joe,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

-Jay