Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speedtest trying to share results

New Poster

Re: speedtest trying to share results

New Poster

We ran the test file at 5MB size and this what came back see above...We tried to run the test again and this keeps popping up... we will try again later... 6:22am..6/7/2016
Distinguished Professor III

Mark,

It will be interesting to find out why it is giving you such an erroneous result.  I've never seen it do this before. 

I'd like you to try something.  The next time you do a download speed test at testmy.net, manually choose the 6MB test size.  Just do one test with this, and see what happens.  The reason I say to choose this size is because the 6MB test is a test size that doesn't automatically kick up to another size if it doesn't last seven seconds like all of the other test sizes do.  I'm just curious what will happen.  Hopefully what will happen is it will actually do a 6MB test and give you a real result, not giving some ridiculously high result saying that it used the 200MB test. 

Again, just try one test with the 6MB size.  No more than one test.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

GabeU 
WoW yea we tried it  at 6MB as you suggested --here are those results sir...very interesting indeed..later we will go through the entire manual test size.. at this point we are going to setup the video cam to document.. 
Sophomore

GabeU,

Not to hijack the thread, but I just ran a 6MB test and it did re-size up to a 200MB test automatically.

Mark,

I'm at a complete loss as to why it's doing this.  Something is definitely VERY wrong.  When you do a test, and it gives you this type of result, does your data usage, whether through the status meter, the Hughesnet support center, or Glasswire, show that you actually used at least 200MB of data? 

There was a day, shortly after upgrading to Gen4 in Feb, when I did some tests and they were coming up with greatly exaggerated results.  I don't remember what the speeds supposedly were, but they were above 100MB.  I knew that they were incorrect results, so I deleted them from my test results stats.  I wonder if it's something similar. 

A video recording of the performing of the test is a great idea.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I'm at a complete loss.  Something is very odd, as automatic forwarding is disabled in the 6MB test.  Why it would resize, and to 200MB, is a head scratcher, for sure. 

Honorary Alumnus

During these periods of odd test results at testmy.net have you tried the Hughes "in house" test as a crosscheck ?

http://my.hughesnet.com/

Highlighted
New Poster

haven't tried the in house test yet i'll look into that... i do some online gaming,here's what an update transfer rate looks like.. don't know if it means anything...

That's a slow speed, but that could be caused by a multitude of things, many of them having nothing to do with Hughesnet itself.