cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

test my net results

Freshman

test my net results

I have slow internet and started a post about it, I was told to do the testmynet thing.  I cant seem to reply to the original post to share so here they are?

https://testmy.net/db/HOj6zJuQ3

3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Professor III

Re: test my net results

@supafly94

It's most likely that the thread was locked due to there not being any activity for the last couple of weeks.  The mods have started doing this to keep older threads from being revived, so to speak.  Just for reference, for the reps or whoever else is reading this, the old thread is here.  

This is the URL that will show all the tests you've run under your account... https://testmy.net/quickstats/supafly94

The speed of the tests look like they should be enough to stream, but looking at the individual test variance graphs show what appears to be congestion.  It may not necessarily be congestion, though.  Only the reps/engineers can say for sure.  Just to be sure, the WiFi in the HughesNet modem is disabled while you run the speed tests, right?  Having the WiFi disabled ensures that nothing else is using any of the bandwidth, even without you knowing, while the tests are being run.  

It would probably be a good idea to get a few more tests in for the reps and/or engineers.  If you are able to, it would be a good idea to get a couple in at different times.  

I'll tag the reps so that they can help you.  They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though it can take them a day or two to reply.  In the meantime, if you don't already, it would be a good idea to keep your modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary.  

@Liz

@Amanda

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Alum

Hi supafly, thank you for the speed tests.

As Gabe mentioned, to get a better understanding of where your speeds are averaging during non-peak hours, different test at different times of the day can help us determine if it's due to congestion or another underlying cause. When I ran speed tests through our tools, I got averaging speeds between 32-34mbps, but this could also be due to the current time of when the test was taken. Your test results will also give us a comparison between what our results show and this will help us pinpoint the cause of slow speeds. 

-Brooke

Alum

Supafly, it's been a while since I have heard from you. I hope everything is going great! Due to inactivity in here, I will be closing the thread. You're always welcome to post any future questions or concerns in the future, we'll be here to help!

Thank you.

-Brooke