cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

your automated answering service is annoying it asked multiple times of the same questions

Highlighted

your automated answering service is annoying it asked multiple times of the same questions

We need to have another phone connection @ this time the only phone that works is the phone that is connected to the ModemI was told by your technical support that is only one phone that we could used.
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: your automated answering service is annoying it asked multiple times of the same questions

Joy, if you purchase a cordless system with multiple handsets you can use that. Then the base plugs into the ATA box and all handsets work from that. Up to the customer to purchase the phones they want.
Highlighted

Re: your automated answering service is annoying it asked multiple times of the same questions

How come the technical support did not give me that answer or no one told me that. The technical support have definite answer that we are only allowed to use one phone and I need a technician to explain all this to me no answer. Where could we purchase  the ATA box? This same to be simple how come this seems to be a company big secret? Plus your automated answering service is not working your costumer are already fed up before could get any help.

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

I'm confused. Sounded like you already have Hughes VoIP service. The ATA box comes with the service. You can't plug any phone directly into the modem.

PS: Not my company, I'm a customer.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Click on HughesNet Voice on left side of page here and it should answer many of your questions: https://www.hughesnet.com/frequently-asked-questions?locale=en
Highlighted
Alum

Hello Joy,

Welcome the community! We appreciate the post today. Let see if we can clear this up for you. Are you already subscribed to our VoIP service? The ATA box cannot be purchased separately. I'm guessing here, but maybe they thought you were trying to use another VoIP service using our internet in the same way our own works. A bit more clarification would help us in better assisting you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted

Good Morning Chris,

Thank you so much for clarification. I am not sure that the VoIP is separate service , when I ordered a service for internet and phone

I choose the Hughes Net knowing was the only internet server in our area that can port our old phone number to our new residence. I was so disappointed after several phone call to your technical support telling me that I will only be able to use one phone .

I was not offered to enrolled a different services like   VoIP no one have explained to me , how the phone system works.

The Technician came and installed the equipment and left me with out much explanation. I would like to have more accessible phone. 

So any help of this matter will be much appreciated.

With Much Respect,

Joy

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Joy do you have an ATA box that looks like shown here? http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Documents/1041087-0001_a.pdf

Highlighted

I don't think so . this don't look the same at all...But I will recheck again I am at work now.
Highlighted

That's the newer Innomedia ATA.. Most dealers still have the older Cisco ATAS.. They are slower switching over to them.