Am I able to suspend an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lighthope1
Senior

Am I able to suspend an account?

I have Starlink coming next week, and it is arriving just about the time my next billing cycle it going to hit.

Can I suspend my HughesNet account without actually cancelling?  Just in case Starlink doesn't work since I do have trees on my property.

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

For account suspension, call the 800 number. 

Talolane
New Poster

If it's only going to be a matter oi a day or two, you could just bite the bullet, cancel HughesNet altogether, and go without for those couple of days.  HughesNet has a bad habit of resetting your anniversary date if you even call to make a request of this sort.  I can't wait until be get the better service where we live.  We've had HughesNet for seven years, and when a hurricane damaged our dish in 2018, they wanted to charge us for having a repairman come out and reset it.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

You can suspend your account for up to six months in any given 365 day period. However, you'll still be charged the monthly lease fee if you lease, and I believe any applicable taxes for that lease fee. Also, and I mention this primarily for others that may read this, the end date for any commitment, like from the initial 24 month service commitment or from a service upgrade that required an equipment change, will be pushed out for as long as the service is suspended.

To suspend the service, you can call 866-347-3292 for residential plans or 800-347-3272 for business plans.