Data Usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leslie50
New Poster

Data Usage

I can't find any info on my problem, so I am starting fresh here.

I have had HughesNet for about 5 months. (I have a 50gb plan, I previously had DishNet for about 10 years with 15gb plan and 2 teenagers at home) I am not new to the limited data, so I know most of the do's and don'ts. It is my husband and I and we do not steam videos regularly are any of the neat stuff, because we have always had a data cap. Now with my HughesNet the first 2 months I used all my 50gb in about 5 days and had to purchase tokens. (hello $600 bill) After many hours on the phone and tests it was discovered my modem had a "data leak". I was sent a new modem (i had to pay s&h). Now it seems I use 50gb of data in about 8 days, BUT my 35gb of tokens last me the rest of the month. We dont do anything different, in fact on the 35gb I watched 3 shows on Amazon. Now it seems I need to go through the test again (4 hours, no internet) I believe the "system" isnt reading right during my 50gb usage time.  I hope this made sense, and i would appreciate any suggestions, customer service is making my BP go up..lol

14 REPLIES 14