Hughesnet Community

I need the modem moved, but there's a catch.....

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWM030
Sophomore

I need the modem moved, but there's a catch.....

I am needing the modem moved...... When I initially signed up in 2020, I did it online at hughesnet.com and a LOCAL installer came out and did the installation... The installer DID NOT say anything about it being in a bad spot for whole house wifi coverage. Well the wifi coverage covers the bedroom the modem is in, living room and dining room.... Kitchen and master BR the signal drops down to 1 to 2 bars and the internet barely works. I chatted with tech support via the hughesnet.com website and they toid me that there's a 150 dollar USD fee to move the modem!!! FORGET THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since I am out of my contract, if I cancel my current account and go back on HN.com and put the account under my name, and SSN # ( right its under someone else's name that lives in this house). Would that trick the system into that I am a new customer? Or does HN go by the address? Thanks!

EDIT: Our house is 1170 Sq feet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CWM030,

Thanks for the follow up! It's great to hear that the new WiFi booster has done it's job and helped out with the range of service! Please let us know if you have any issues or questions in the future!

Thanks,

Remy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Remy

CWM030,

Thanks for reaching out! We'd love to look into this for you. Before we attempt to have the modem moved, I think we should test out a WiFi booster! I'm going to have one sent to you free of charge as courtesy. It should assist with the connection issues! Please let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Remy

AWESOME @Remy !!! Very much appreciated!!

Will do, I will let you know if it works or not!

How long will it take for the wifi extender to arrive at my door?

CWM030,

I'd expect it to arrive within the next couple days!

Thanks,

Remy

@RemyOur wifi extender arrived yesterday, Hooking it up went very smoothly and wow, night and day difference.

Laptop hooked up to 5g connection because it refused to connect to the 2.5 wifi connection.. before extender 2 bars

Now... 4 bars....

Living room tv... It gave me a fit at first saying there was no connection, I had to unplug it, wait 30 sec, plug it back in and power it on and rescan for SSID's and then put in the wifi password and it connected just fine!

THANK YOU AGAIN!! You saved me $150.00!!!

Chris

CWM030,

Thanks for the follow up! It's great to hear that the new WiFi booster has done it's job and helped out with the range of service! Please let us know if you have any issues or questions in the future!

Thanks,

Remy