Hughesnet Community

Once again getting screwed by hughes Net!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pugs633

Once again getting screwed by hughes Net!

Once again getting screwed by hughes Net! I tried to make an online payment yesterday. I should have known that i was going to have problems. One page had my monthly payment, on another page it showed me that the balance due was double my payment which was due on 12/31/16. I opened the page to pay my bill. I entered all my info and pressed the enter button. It took me back to the payment box. I entered my info several times and each one went straight back to the payment box. I then called customer service. (case #101735004.) I explained to the rep that i needed to make a payment. She advised me that the online payment had went through. I asked if it went through more then once. She assured me that it had only gone through once. I then asked for a case # stating it went only once. Was checking my bank account earlier and to my surprise (not really!) it went through twice. I immediately called customer service (case # 101752548) and told them what happened.  I only authorized the one payment.  They tell me they cant reimburse it back into my checking account. What?! My checking account is going to bounce other purchases. $35 for each overdraft through my bank.  I spoke to a rep who told me they wouldn't reverse the extra charge.  I then spoke to two managers. Was told that since i'm going to owe them at some point they would put it towards that.  I didn't authorize the extra payment.  I was told by HughesNet customer service that it only charged me once.  Hughesnet doesn't ever take any responsibility for what their service reps tell us! This hasn't been my first time having a problem with them.  Now i'm waiting for the managers supervisor to call me back.  I don't know why I requested to speak to them.  I know the verdict.  They are just unfair.  I get paid once a month Social Security Disability.  They took the last of my money plus i'm going to owe my bank money for the overdrafts.  Not sure how I am going to make it til the end of the month.  There goes my food money.  I'm going to starve!!!
17 REPLIES 17