Hughesnet Community

Thanks for Nothing, and a $400 termination fee

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlsoRippedOff

Thanks for Nothing, and a $400 termination fee

Dear Unsuspecting Potential Customers,<br><br>Please don’t fall for this garbage service. These parasites swooped into areas most affected after Hurricane Maria selling their internet as competent and capable. After signing up for the 50g plan our family smoked through the 50g in less than 10 days. They offer a “streaming data saver” service that was sold to us as the golden ticket to avoiding high data usage. It simply isn’t true. Once your data is up, the best you can do with the connection is check an email. Best of all they charge you $400 to terminate. The customer service individual seemed like she almost couldn’t wait to get to that part of the conversation when I called about options to avoid canceling... My guess is These idiots will make more money this year from unsuspecting folks cancellation fees than they would make off their normal service fees on a regular basis. Chalk up another company taking advantage of the post hurricane situation to shamelessly pad their pockets. $400 cancellation fee is ridiculous... I’m sure there are enough individuals out there to put up a suit against these clowns (FYI the police bots on here wouldn’t allow me to use the words “klas axion” so go figure... Any lawyers out their also willing to take advantage of the situation? : /
1 REPLY 1
cubbie2713

Count me in on any class act suit. I've spent countless hours on the phones trying to reach them with their 'we are experiencing extremely high call volume' and then when I actually do reach them after an hour, I have to rexplain the same issue over and over only to usually get disconnected and get no call back. I've had my issue 'escalated' twice now to now avail. I'm throwing money away. These people are awful.