Well, it has been two weeks so far since the upgrade and here is my observations. Right off the bat my connection was very fast, as far as satellite connections go, for a few hours until my modem was "decommissioned". Since then the speed has slowed down some, sometimes waiting over a minute for sites to load, and I am still getting DNS errors here and there but, unlike before a refresh clears it up. Only once or twice a refresh didn't help. The free download period acts the same as before, starts off slow then speeds up later on. It seems the slowness is a bit faster than earlier though. I did manage to download a 1.7 GB update but I used up some data after the free download period in order to get it all. A 1.7 GB movie did download within the free download period at another time though. Also, I am still getting "Safari can't find server" errors but again, a refresh clears it up. Not perfect, but better I think.
... View more